Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Jockel2005 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 4, 2005, 10:01 AM
    Is my cat in labor?
    My friend has a cat who is very pregnant. She doesn't know when exactly she became pregnant but thinks it might be around Oct. 5.

The kittens are moving continuously right now and the mom to be is very gassy and not too interested in eating. She always wants to lay down next to my friend and be petted a lot. I've read through a lot of info on Cat labor and find quite a lot of it confusing and not sure if she is exibiting the labor signs or not. Can someone please help me!

Thank you very much
    Saluki-Sue Posts: 21, Reputation: 5

Dec 4, 2005, 01:17 PM
    When she is ready you may find she wants to go off on her own or that she will start to nest in blankets, when she starts very heavy labor she will start to pant, she may lay down and get up a lot or cry and eventually her muecus plug will pass ( it will be kind of greenish, it is what is keeping everything inside right now) after that it may take a little while but a water will break and then you just wait to see if a kitten is coming.

The kittens moving may mean is getting close to her time, they seem to shift a lot to get in to place the last few days before labor.

Hope everything goes well
    lilfyre Posts: 508, Reputation: 98

Dec 4, 2005, 05:24 PM
    well if she was giving birth you will need this link next for Newborns & Kittens: Nutrition and Care . I hope it is helpful to you. (O:

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Pre labor/False labor [ 4 Answers ]

Ok odd question. How long can pre labor last? I have been having contractions since Sunday and they don't get any closer and/or change in intesity. I was just wondering since even with two previous births I have never before experienced this. I don't even know if it is pre labor or not. I just...

Help Cat In Labor! [ 11 Answers ]

Yesterday my cat's kittens were moving rapidly in her stomach and she starting having contractions at about 2:00pm. She hasn't done anything since! This morning I noticed her having some small contractions. (wave-like motions) I am wondering how long she can go on with having these contractions...

Cat In Labor [ 5 Answers ]

How long does it last from the time the cat starts contractions to the time they give birth to the first kitten?

Labor law in pa [ 1 Answers ]

I need to know if a 17 year old can be hired to be a grounds keeper at a business. He will be running lawn tractors/weed eaters/and snow plows

Labor soon? [ 1 Answers ]

Hello I am 36 weeks with my first child. I went to my doctor yesteday and he said I was dilated to a 2. Last night I woke up at 4:30 am because my stomach felt extremely tight kind of like contractions, but not regular. I couldn't go back to sleep. Could I be going into labor before I am expected...

View more questions Search