Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    IMK17 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 28, 2007, 07:21 AM
    Mouse over on navigation
    On the left hand navigation bar of my web site, I have a white background, with all my links displaying with a blue font. Currently when I hover my mouse over the link, the text disappears.

I would like to create the effect of when I hover my mouse over a link, the background colour goes purple, and the text goes to a white font.

Thanks,
    jstrike Posts: 418, Reputation: 44

Dec 4, 2007, 08:51 AM
    This will do it for all links on the page:
    Code:
    <style>
    a:hover {background-color:purple; color:white;}
    </style>
    If you only want this to happen to certain links then:
    Code:
    <style>
    a.purpleHover:hover  {background-color:purple; color:white;}
    </style>
    <body>
    <a class="purpleHover" href="#">Hover here</a>
    <br>
    <a href="#">Normal Link</a>
    </body>
    HTH,
    -Jeff

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Collapsing - Expanding Navigation List [ 15 Answers ]

Check out the menu on the left here: Welcome to K.Y.P.S.A.H. Pet Services! Keeping Your Pet Safe and Happy! Click on one of the Items, and you'll see the list expand under it. Can I do that without CSS? Yep, I confess: I don't know CSS. Whip me! Can it be done with html? Thanks!

Testing tools for mobile navigation product [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I am a Testing Engineer. I am using Windows CE mobile for testing the navigation products. Currently, I am testing manually. Please suggest me some testing tools that can be used in mobile navigation product. Is there any tools for testing these products? ...

Installing mouse w/o a mouse [ 1 Answers ]

My mouse went out on an old computer and I have tried installing new software using only keystrokes to no avail. Everything I try comes back to the same problem -- not having a mouse. I can't uninstall the old software w/o a mouse. I'm lost. Suggestions appreciated. Ed

View more questions Search