Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    heyheyhey1234 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 27, 2007, 06:53 PM
    Gifted but.
    Hi. I am 18 years old and have an IQ of 135. I was considered gifted ever since I was about 6. I was in enrichment programs and honors classes my whole life. I was also chosen, along with 20 other people, out of 2,000 or so to be in my colleges honor program. Anyway, I am here to say that I never felt like a gifted child. I go to a mediocre college and wasn't valedictorian or anything (due to my rule breaking). Also, I was offered to skip 2nd and 7th grade. I declined both of them. Well, my mom declined the first one because my brothers (who are twins) are/were in the grade above me so there would have been 3 kids from my family in the same grade. I hate being "gifted" and would actually like to drop out of the honors program. It is too much pressure. And like I said, I never felt like a gifted child. The problem eith dropping out of the honors program is, since it is such a mediocre school, it would be really nice to graduate with some sort of distinction. Should I stay or drop out?
    mjl Posts: 486, Reputation: 26

Nov 27, 2007, 08:02 PM
    Oh... poor you! NOT! Take advantage of what you have... A COLLEGE EDUCATION! Some people in this world would to anything for the opproitunities that you have. Count you blessings (as cliché as that sounds) and appiciate what you can do. It will pay off in the future.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Dec 2, 2007, 06:44 PM
    Ask if your school has a testing out option where you can take tests and if you pass you are able to go to an advanced grade. In your case if they have anything like that you might be able to go straight for graduation. I have heard of kids testing from the 7th grade into 10th grade. At any rate talk to your school counselor about what all your options are.
    Aloysius Posts: 20, Reputation: 6

Dec 12, 2008, 12:00 PM

Do whatever it is that makes you happy. Whether that involves your gifts, or expansive knowledge to obtain, is up to you. You could be the most intelligent human being in the world, but it's nothing if you're unhappy doing what you're doing.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Gifted Ld kids [ 7 Answers ]

How can a person be Gifted and have a learning disability?

Is he Gifted? [ 5 Answers ]

Since the age of 3 my son has spoke of Religion or anything to do with Religious aspects. One day he told my husband and I Jesus was standing right behind him. Then he went into this detailed discription of how Jesus was crucified. He descriped how he had a "nest" on his head. He physically...

Gifted or not [ 10 Answers ]

My question is: I have a 6 year old daughter that I think is gifted... she started to walk at 9 -10 months old... went from sitting to walking... has been talking very clearly since 10 months and does everything ahead... I have told the school that I think she is gifted and nothing has been done...

Gifted Assessments [ 2 Answers ]

Hi. I was wondering if anyone knew anything about this. I think that my 15 year old daughter might be gifted but I don't know what to do about it. Do gifted children always do well on tests?Also, where is the best place to go to find out?Is one type of test better than another? I live in England...

View more questions Search