Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    djjmof3 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 27, 2007, 05:23 PM
    Install Dishwasher in place of Laundry Sink
    I need to remove my laundry sink and alter the plumbing to adapt to a Dishwasher and Washing Machine. As the drain is in the middle - how can I do this with out moving the Drain (we rent and need to replace the sink if we move out).
    doug238 Posts: 1,560, Reputation: 62
    Ultra Member

Nov 27, 2007, 09:55 PM
    Code requires the washing machine to connect at its first branch to a 3" pipe and it can not wash by a toilet. If your pipes are not sized correctly you may well get constant stoppages and overflows, and it could syphon the water from your toilet bowl.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Finding the right place to install The Main Lug [ 1 Answers ]

After reading this forum and doing extensive researching on forums here, I finally purchased a Main Lug, squared model QO120L125GC. Now I need to figure out where to install it. This box dimension is 14.25(W)x20.92(H)x3.75(D) (in inches). Please see this jpg photo of my basement:...

Utility sink in laundry [ 4 Answers ]

I want to install a utility sin kin my laundry room. It is a new home and I am not sure what I need to do to add a sink in there. How do I do the plumbing?:confused:

Laundry Sink Overflows when using kitchen sink [ 5 Answers ]

Our Laundry Sink Overflows when using the kitchen sink.. with really nasty stuff flowing back out. As a result, sometimes when we're doing the laundry the water drains out very slowly, and we can never do the dishes and laundry at the same time. I'm worried that this may eventually become a...

Install toilets in place of showers [ 1 Answers ]

I am looking at turning an old tanning salon into a preschool center. I need to install at least two additional toilets and get rid of four shower stalls. Can the toilets be installed in place of the showers?:confused:

Kitchen Sink/Laundry Sink Drain Vent Non-exist [ 3 Answers ]

The set-up from kitchen sink leading down to drain to basement: 1. Kitchen sink - (R side) - connected to a P drain I think you call it -PVC-, connected to a "metal" T, which has a Studer vent gizmo attached to the top of it, then draining into a metal pipe straight down to the drain in the...

View more questions Search