Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tpl2460 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 27, 2007, 04:32 PM
    Percent to a fraction
    What is the answer 85% to a fraction?
    tpl2460 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 27, 2007, 04:34 PM
    How do you change a percent to a fraction anybody?
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Nov 27, 2007, 05:01 PM
    85% is 85% of a 100%. 85/100. Common demoninator is 5 as it goes into both 85 and 100 evenly. Equals 17/20.
    asterisk_man Posts: 476, Reputation: 32

Nov 28, 2007, 07:04 AM
    Ok. shygrneyzs' answer is essentially correct but the explanation is poor. Let's get our terminology correct. If we answer questions using the wrong terms we'll only make the original poster more confused in the future.

85% is short hand for 85 percent or 85 per cent which really means 85 for every hundred (cent is essentially Latin for 100). So if you have 85 of one thing for every 100 of another you've got the fraction 85/100.
    To reduce 85/100 you must find the greatest common factor (GCF) of both 85 and 100 and divide both numbers by that GCF. Common denominator is used when adding or subtracting fractions, not when reducing a fraction (it doesn't even mean anything with regards to a single fraction).

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Partial Fraction [ 6 Answers ]

I have work this problem (1/P)dP/dt=b+aP to the point that I am confused on the partial fraction part (1/P)dP/dt=b+aP 1/dt=bP+aP^2/dp this where Iam stuck to finish the equation I must do partial fraction.:eek:

Substitution with a fraction [ 3 Answers ]

y = -x/2 2x - 3y = -7 I have reached this point: 2x - 3(-x/2) = -7 Can someone help me? Thanks!

Fraction [ 3 Answers ]

Guysssss I really fave problem in fraction I really hate it but I don't get it, and I'm good in the other topic in math ecept this one what can I do

Allergy like spots seen years after fraction [ 1 Answers ]

My uncle fractured his tibia or fibula approximately 5 years ago.Now, he has something like allergies in just fractured region.If ıt was allergy to something, wouldn't it present in his other leg or anywhere in his body. What could it be?

View more questions Search