Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    michaeljo Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 27, 2007, 03:07 PM
    Whirlpool Dryer makes loud banging noise when on and empty
    Our dryer suddenly makes loud banging noises when on and its empty. Could it be the tub or a belt or something else. How do I go about fixing it? Thanks
    applsvcgirl Posts: 112, Reputation: 9

Nov 27, 2007, 06:33 PM
    It sounds like one of your drum support rollers has a bad bearing. Replace them both at the same time.
    Shellie12869 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 19, 2009, 05:18 PM
    My dryer makes a loud noise like I have shoes in it but its empty.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Heater makes a loud generator noise [ 8 Answers ]

When I turn on my heater it makes a loud noise (sounds like a running generator). The a/c runs fine.

Loud Knocking, Banging Noise when Hot Water is on in Kitchen. [ 4 Answers ]

HI, Loud Knocking, Banging Noise when Hot Water is on in Kitchen.I am returnign to a property that was a rental property. My home was built in the late 70's. No plumbing has ever been changed to my knowledge. When I turn the dishwasher on or the hot water on the kitchen sink the floor...

Whirlpool Dryer loud noise, found problem, need solution [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I posted a question regarding whirlpool dryer (GEW9868KQ0) noise and have not yet received answer. I just opened the dryer up and found the problem. The motor was not fixed. When motor started, the belt would pull the motor out of its seat, the fan attached to the moter would touch the...

GE Washer makes loud noise [ 3 Answers ]

I have an older GE washer (about 5-7 years old) that has started making a loud, dry metallic grinding sound when running. I had to replace the clutch about 4 years ago and recently the clip that holds it in place came loose and I had to snap it back in place. The washer worked fine for a few...

Loud Banging noise from pipes [ 4 Answers ]

I bought a basement condo a year ago and my neighbors heat pipes goes through my bedroom. Since the day I moved in his furnace has been making clicking and loud banging noises. Last year, we have had a couple of plumbers come in and they have bled the pipes and said that should take care of it....

View more questions Search