Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mwilliams15 Posts: 172, Reputation: 24

Nov 27, 2007, 01:59 PM
    20th Birthday
    Well, my birthday is in about a month now.. it's on December 31.. Im almost a new years baby lol.
    Every year my birthday ends up horrible.. I can never figure out what to do, and I end up sitting around the house all day.
    I want this year to be different. I'm putting an end to my teenage years and entering the 20's... I want to enter with a bang!
    What are some ideas for a memorable, exciting birthday for a 20 year old?
    I need your help!
    I live in West Virginia.. so If anyone knows of anything exciting to do around here, Virginia, or Maryland on New Years eve.. let me know!

Next year (when I have enough money) I want to go see the ball drop in NYC.. I think that would be the perfect birthday.. but.. I'm saving that for my 21 =)

Any feedback would be good.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Dec 5, 2007, 09:49 PM
    I apologize that no one has given you any feedback so far! One idea that I have for a start would be, how about you and your friends renting a limousine for riding around to the various places that you want to go?

Dec 9, 2007, 06:30 PM
    I live in southern West Virginia.. there's no limo service or even anywhere fun to ride around to haha (laughing at the situation, not your answer).
    Thanks for the idea though.
    oneguyinohio Posts: 1,302, Reputation: 196
    Ultra Member

Dec 9, 2007, 06:38 PM
    Get some friends together and go bowling? What are your interests? Or what kind of things would you enjoy doing? Spending the time with family, cousins, or anyone else appealing? It might be a nice way to close out the teenage years to have a remember when day with old friends?

Dec 9, 2007, 07:27 PM
    Hmm.. I just want to do something fun since I normally sit around with the family/friends and do nothing.
    I don't think bowling is open on new years eve around here.
    I'm just looking for something exciting to do.. somewhere interesting to go, perhaps? Its just really hard to find something to do besides go out to eat somewhere.
    Know anything going on in or around WV? Your from Ohio (I assume from your name).. So is there anything going on in Ohio?
    Anyone know of anything special going on in PA, MD, or OH.. I'll travel if necessary.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Dec 10, 2007, 01:26 AM
    Perhaps there is some sort of indoor theme park where you could go and have some fun?
    templelane Posts: 1,177, Reputation: 227
    Ultra Member

Dec 10, 2007, 05:32 AM
    I haven't got a clue what stuff is like where you live, but here are some good ideas form late teens/twenties parties I've been to.

House party, possibly themed. Good themes are playboy, masquarade, pirate, 80s, sci fi.
    Maybe hire a hall if your parents aren't up for the house bit. If you do that get a (good)band/ DJ.
    Visit a museum/gallery/ have agirly day out with close friends.
    Dinner party, see if you have any talented friends who can host because might be a bit stressful for you otherwise.
    Spoof kids party, balloons, cake, games, get everyone to dress like they are four.

And remember it's not about what you do but who you're with. :)

Dec 10, 2007, 02:19 PM
    Those are some really good ideas templelane!

A masquarade party.. that would be fun since its new years eve.. seems like it would be fun to count down to midnight with everyone in costume.

I wish my birthday wasn't during christmas break so I could have it here at my apartment.. I doubt my mom will go for a party in our house though lol
    templelane Posts: 1,177, Reputation: 227
    Ultra Member

Dec 10, 2007, 03:41 PM
    Town halls and community centres will usually let you hire them out, in the UK anyway. Sometimes the basements of pubs, I mean bars, will let you rent them out, although I don't know what the legal age to drink where you are is so maybe not! Failing that see if someone else has obliging parents, it sometimes works.

Masquarade is lots of fun, try to get the boys in suits! I also find themes are very good if you want to mix friends, college and home friends for instance. It acts as a good icebreaker.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

His birthday [ 2 Answers ]

Hey people, hope your all well, I'm just after some idears on what to do for me fella birthday, I have no more money to spend but this is his 1st birthday since we been together, I'd love to make it real special, an gifts from the heart mean so much more... maybe you done something for your fella's...

Congress vs. Presidency during the late 20th century [ 3 Answers ]

Who holds the most power and what did the presidents do during this period

My Birthday Wish [ 7 Answers ]

Yesterday I had a birthday party and I invited all my friends, but two of them told me they could not make it. My best friend in the whole world told me she would come, but she did not. The bad thing is she had her mom call and tell me they would not get to come. They had a christmas play to go to...

Birthday [ 3 Answers ]

Hello you, :) Im not sure if I'm posting in the right area, but here goes. In 1 months time its my hubby's 31st birthday. I would love to do something special for him. My restrictions at the moment is money, we don't have any of it right now, going through a struggling stage. Would...

View more questions Search