Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    arice3767 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 27, 2007, 12:54 PM
    Evicting roommate
    I have a friend who has been living with her boyfriend for 10 years. He does not pay any bills or rent. His name is not on the lease. My friend lives in Georgia. My friend wants her boyfriend to leave her house. The only problem is that they have children together that live in the house with them. How should she go about getting him to leave?
    ChihuahuaMomma Posts: 7,378, Reputation: 608
    Vision Expert

Nov 27, 2007, 12:55 PM
    Tell him to get out... He's not on the lease. Simple as that. She may have to give him a thirty day notice and he is technically a tenant of hers. But other than that, he has no legal standing on the lease...
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Nov 27, 2007, 01:43 PM
    Sorry but Momma is wrong here. He has established residency. The fact that he's not on the lease make him HER tenant. Therefore, she has to go through the eviction process applicable in her area. She can find out what the process is at the county courthose.

Having children together complicates this even more. The only other possibilitly is if he is physically abusive. In that case, she might get a restraining order against him.
    ChihuahuaMomma Posts: 7,378, Reputation: 608
    Vision Expert

Nov 27, 2007, 02:02 PM
    As he is an established resident, I pointed out that she must give him a thirty day notice. And follow up from there, according to her state laws on eviction. And I DID state that he was a tenant of hers... I don't see how I am wrong.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Roommate Problems: How to Deal with crazy Roommate [ 4 Answers ]

I have a roommate who is 52 years old (Japanese/American bon in US). He was pretty good roommate from Aug 2001, just because he never lived in apt until end of July, I think. He was living with his girlfriend whole time but he came back once a while but he never stayed no longer than 1 week....

Evicting a roommate [ 7 Answers ]

How can I evict my boyfriend from my house? He is not on the title to the house or the mortgage. He will not leave on his own, so I need to know what I have to do to get him out. I live in Ohio.

Landlord/Roommate added roommate without discussion [ 8 Answers ]

My roommate is my landlord. Recently he decided to add roommate to the house. I was never asked,nor was it discussed in any way with me. Two days before the new guys moved in I got a phone call that said, we’re getting a new roommate. He moved into the room next to mine right on time. We, me...

View more questions Search