Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    KuntryGirl Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 27, 2007, 12:34 PM
    Kenmore Electric Dryer no heat and does not stop running
    Hi,
    New thing for me, but I'm at the end of my rope. I've read all the information I could find in the forums and repair clinics, followed those that were consistent and excitedly thought I'd fixed my dryer. Well, no. I'd replaced the heating element, the cord from the dryer to the wall, had the electricity checked to the house, replaced the thermal fuse, the operating thermostat, the high limit thermostat and the operating thermal fuse and still the dryer does not heat. Now I have an added problem, it doesn't stop running. It will run all day attempting to dry if I don't open the door to stop it. I don't know what to do next. I've put in about $150.00 not to mention the time and effort and it's kind of crazy to have to go out after all this and buy a new dryer anyway. My concern is that I'll do this and it still does not solve the problem. I've checked the voltage to the dryer at the terminals. All the things the varied advice has proposed and it still doesn't work.

Any suggestions, possibilities would be greatly appreciated.
    By the way, it's an Kenmore Electric Dryer Model 110.60602990.
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Nov 27, 2007, 01:26 PM
    Timer motor may not be turning, is one reason it may not shut off, While on and on heat.
    Measure across the high limit and thermals. When they are connected like they should, Closed connection, you should read Zero volts, If it opens, you will read voltage.
    If you have voltage to element and it doesn't heat, it is open. Amprobe very helpful. If element has voltage, but draws no current, it is open.
    Got to go pick up Grandaughter. Don't give up yet.
    applsvcgirl Posts: 112, Reputation: 9

Nov 27, 2007, 06:49 PM
    Wal Mart ohms meter $10 - lack of aggravation priceless

NEVER THROW PARTS AT ANY APPLIANCE UNTIL YOU KNOW WHICH PART IS BAD!! (I am very sorry I digress)

Always test parts with wires removed from piece you are testing. Timer will not advance on temp sense cycle if there is no heat to close the thermostat and send the electricity to the timer motor to advance it. (look at your wiring diagram) Start the test procedure over again with an ohms meter and always remove the wires first. If you don't know how to use an ohms meter ask, I will be happy to teach you.
    lcadcock Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 3, 2013, 09:15 PM
    How do you use ohms meter and which wires go where on the 4 prong therm-o-disc/

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Kenmore elite HE3 electric dryer won't heat. [ 1 Answers ]

Any suggestions on repair? Air blows strong out of vent. Everything seems to work fine just no heat

Kenmore Elite Electric Dryer Does Not Heat Up [ 1 Answers ]

My Kenmore electric dryer does not heat up like it should. The dryer gets warm and eventually dries the clothes, but it's taking 3 times as long.

Kenmore electric dryer run but no heat. [ 1 Answers ]

This is my first dryer and soon as 3 year warranty goes out it start to act up. I did cut off/on both the breakers to see if it help, but apparently not other than that everything works. I never look inside the dryer before so I have no idea what the thermostat nor a fuse look like and where...

Electric water heater won't stop running [ 2 Answers ]

My electric water heater won't stop running the thermostats are on the lowest setting what could the problems be. Id appreciate any help.

View more questions Search