Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mil Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 9, 2003, 11:38 PM
    Plain Flour
    In Australia, recipes either use plain flour or self raising flour.

I wish to use an American recipe. May plain flour be used in place of 'all purpose flour'?
    cher11 Posts: 9, Reputation: 2

Jan 26, 2003, 03:47 AM
    Plain Flour
    Hi mil,

Yes, plain flour may be used in place of 'all purpose flour'. They're the same thing.

The only difference between plain flour/all purpose flour and self-raising flour, is that in the self-raising, is all-purpose flour plus 1½ teaspoon baking powder and ½ teaspoon of salt per cup of flour, so you don't have to make these additions---they're already incorporated for you.

Hope you're making something yummy! ;D

Cher :D
    ohb0b Posts: 215, Reputation: 14

May 17, 2009, 01:33 AM
    Semantics is a town in Ohio, isn't it?
    moeenkash Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 9, 2011, 07:01 AM
    The flour which is commonly used for making chapati is called plain flour...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

English Bero Flour [ 9 Answers ]

Hello I am living now in Florida and I do not seem to be able to bake with the four. Could you tell me where I could get Bero or English flour to make a Victoria sponge cake. I have tried to make them with American flour but they are not very good Thanks so much, any advice would be welcome...

Is it plain flour or self-raising? [ 15 Answers ]

I have some flour in a storage jar and I can't remember if it is plain or self-raising.! :confused: :confused: :confused: I seem to recall that there is some way of telling, like by mixing it with water and seeing if it bubbles, but... I tried that with some flour that is in a bag still, so I...

Converting plain flour to self raising [ 2 Answers ]

G'day, Just wondering if anyone out there knows the ratio of plain flour to raising agent to convert it to self rasing flour, :) taa whingypom

Plain flour [ 3 Answers ]

Could you tell me how to use plain flour in self-rising flour recipes?

Plain view [ 7 Answers ]

If a cop sees a gun in a car in plain view and have surrounded the car for 4 hour do they need to get a warrant? Or when the defendant exits the club can the cops detain him and take his keys and just open the car door and take the gun?

View more questions Search