Ask
    louis421009 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 26, 2007, 05:25 PM
    Replacing fireplace refractory panels
    Can the fireplace refractory panels be replaced with firebicks
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Nov 26, 2007, 05:31 PM
    You are talking about a prefab fireplace like a Majestic, right? If you ask the manufacturer they will say no and probably have a good reason. I would not do this job on someone's home since I could be creating an unsafe situation. There will be people who will tell you it is fine and to go ahead. It is their opinion but they probably do not work in the trades so be cautious who you listen to.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Replacing fireplace tiles [ 2 Answers ]

I bought new tiles to replace the old tiles in front of my fireplace, which is on floor level. The new tiles are thicker than the old tiles, so that the wood floor is not as high as the tiles, making it impossible to grout along the edge with the wood floor. Should I break up the concrete slab that...

Adding sub panels and then some. [ 19 Answers ]

Hello I am a fully qualified carpenter/builder from Ontario Canada. I have done a number of my own electrical projects on my past homes and I enjoy the challenge. I was just surfing the site looking for some ideas on my situation and I was enjoying all the good advice that you well...

Leak around basement fireplace but not in fireplace [ 1 Answers ]

Recently when we had heavy rain it leaked around the baement fireplace. I have noticed that the grout around the bricks are wet (not sure if soaking up from the floor). Thought because some flooding near by that it was a one time thing. Now it rained a coupe of days ago and I am noticing that it is...

Multiple Sub Panels [ 1 Answers ]

First questions; I have a GE Box with 200 amp service. I have one sub panel and need to add 2 more. Is there a limit on how many sub panels that can be added? My home has gas heat and gas water and therefore total current is not a problem. Second question; My existing GE panel has horizontal...

Electric panels [ 3 Answers ]

This Is The Problem I Am Having I Have Two Electrical Panels In Side The House. The First Panel Is A 125 Maxium Rateing Murray & The Other Panel Is A Ge Panel Rated 120/240 Ac 3 Wire 125 Ampere The Murray Panel Has The Stove & Water Heater Wired To It.the Other Panel Has 20 Amp 30 Amp...

View more questions Search