Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cmrogers Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 26, 2007, 05:15 PM
    Winterizing Waverunner Tips Needed
    I'm trying to find out the basic steps for winterizing my yamaha waverunner (new in 2007). It has had the first warranty service but I don't want to pay the big bucks for the dealer to do it. Has anyone had success doing it themselves? I need a easy way to do it as I am not mechanically inclined.
    tylo Posts: 45, Reputation: 1

Nov 26, 2007, 05:39 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by cmrogers
    I'm trying to find out the basic steps for winterizing my yamaha waverunner (new in 2007). It has had the first warranty service but I don't want to pay the big bucks for the dealer to do it. Has anyone had success doing it themselves? I need a easy way to do it as I am not mechanically inclined.
    Previous Polaris owner:

All I did with mine through the winter, after a service, was clean it up, take the bung out,don't lose it! Drain the fuel. Get a good yammy cover and lock it up in a garage.
    Make sure its very secure, even put it in the garage backwards and block it in, makes the thieves getaway nosier and longer lol

When it came to using it again, I just checked the oil,put some fuel in it and ran it in again for 2 hours before you give it full throttle.

Never had any problems with doing just that.

PS, very jealous, wish I still had mine!
    just waiting on my Honda Aquatrax R-12X

good luck

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Winterizing a dishwasher [ 8 Answers ]

I am winterizing a home and I still need to winterize the dishwasher. I would like to use windshield washer fluid. I have the water pump shut off. No running water. Can I pour washer fluid in the dishwasher. Place on rinse cycle and get the washer fluid into the discharge pump without burning up...

Winterizing windows [ 2 Answers ]

What is the best method of winterizering windows to prevent drafts and conserve heat. I used the transparant plastic sheets with hair dryer method and it was a back breaker. Is there an easier way?

Winterizing a Toilet [ 7 Answers ]

I have two Eljer floor mount, pressure flush, rear discharge toilets that I need to properly winterize. I talked to Eljer customer service. They were no help. There are water jackets on the side of the bowl that froze and broke last year. An expensive lesson. Will repeated flushing of...

New Central AC Needed. Tips? Warnings? [ 4 Answers ]

I live in south Florida, so a central AC is mandatory, to say the least, almost year round. The existing unit, about a ten year old Rheem with an 11 seer, 3 ton, is ready to be retired. We have decided to go with a whole new unit, (compressor and air handler). The compressor is located outside...

Winterizing Lawns [ 1 Answers ]

I live in Washington State and I am wondering what steps I should take to winterize my lawn. Both my back yard and front yards get about half a day of sun each day. There are some spots where moss is starting to take over and some spots that are patchy and dead. I bought the house in May and at...

View more questions Search