Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tiff0326 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Dec 2, 2005, 03:55 PM
    Help! - Bad smell in Kitchen
    We live in a brand new condo (moved in on June 1), and a few days ago I came home to a horrible smell throughout the whole place (seems to be worst in the kitchen). Today I spent hours cleaning in, around, and under the fridge, as well as sniffing around the whole kitchen and I cannot even tell where the smell is coming from.

Last Saturday, the freezer wasn't completely shut and everything inside defrosted, we emptied the freezer, threw everything out and cleaned the inside. I looked for a draining tray but couldn't find one (it's a frigidaire)

Anyone have any ideas? I am about to lose it.
    applguy Posts: 324, Reputation: 23

Jan 9, 2006, 06:25 PM
    Usually when meat thaws in a freezer, the juice gets into the strangest places, possibly also into the insulation. Yikes. The defrost drain pan is either under the unit (accessible from behind the grille under the doors) or, Frigidaire used to like gluing the pan to the top of the compressor in the back. The only trouble here is that if the tray is full of the meat juices, then the drain tube itself probably is too. If any of this checks out, get me a model number and I may be able to describe how to flush out the drain system. It may also dissipate once the juices dry out.
    thisparrothead Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jan 10, 2006, 09:49 AM
    Hi, I don't know much, but could the smell be coming from any unused drains? Where it is new, water may not have went into those drains and nasty fumes could be coming back up. Try pouring some water down every drain... sinks, showers floor drains, etc.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Horrible smell in kitchen [ 3 Answers ]

Please help. I live on the third floor of a house. We have a horrible smell in the kitchen. It comes and goes. It seems to be at its worst when it is damp, humid or if it rains. I have no idea where it is coming from. Sometimes it is so bad, you can't even stay in the room. We don't have a...

Foul smell in kitchen drain [ 2 Answers ]

I have had a problem with a very bad odor in my kitchen sink drain since the weather got warm. My home is new and is a manufactured home in a park. I have used gel drain openers followed by boiling water and when that did not work I used a box of baking soda, 1cup of salt and 1 cup of vinegar, let...

Dryer smell [ 4 Answers ]

I have a maytag dryer. When the dry is on and heating it has a smell of oil. The clothes smell like it too. The drum is discolored in the back. I haven't had any objects in the dryer except clothes. That is the only problem I have. The dryer is older than at least 15-20yrs. Old. Can you please me...

Gas smell [ 1 Answers ]

I have a problem that my plumber has been unable to fix on a couple of occasions. Very simply put, soon after I turn on the shower, a couple of minutes or so, I get a terrible rotten egg (sewer gas?) smell. I can't tell if it starts when it starts steaming up or just because. Shower is used...

Smell after AC is ran. [ 2 Answers ]

I been getting a strange smell after the AC is ran almost like a gaseous smell, we been redoing the hardwood floors and trying to keep well ventilated with windows open and AC on to keep humidity down. I check all the gas lines with my meter for leaks and none found, could this smell be freon? Or...

View more questions Search