Maximum fall
    plumberjames83
    Junior Member Join Date: Nov 2007
    Is there somewhere in the code that allots for " toomuch fall"
    I have seen where therein minimum but what about maxiumum
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Nov 26, 2007, 08:18 AM
    Vertical stack vents, 45 degree vertical off sets, all of them "maximum fall".
    While the least amount of fall is addressed in Chapter 13, Sections-1303.1 through 1303.4 of The Standard Plumbing Code (1/4" to the foot on pipes 3" or larger) you use common sense on horizontal runs and run then 1/4" to the foot.. Too little fall and the solids won't flow, too much fall and the liquid rushes by so fast the solids are dropped and left behind to clog up. Cheers, Tom
    plumberjames83 Posts: 99, Reputation: 5

Nov 26, 2007, 10:38 PM
    I just had a jack hole inspector fail me for "too much fall" only because I had used a fernco to adapt pvc to cast iron and I called him out on it showed him where I used an appoved fitting to adapt so on reinspection he appoved it because I left a copy of the page with the GC so he got me on the too much fall issue and failed me and I can't find it nowhere... rule of thumb be there for inspections both time on this one I was stuck out on other jobs...
    BTW I was at 1/2 inch per foot
    RichardBondMan Posts: 832, Reputation: 66

Nov 26, 2007, 10:38 PM
    City of Bham uses the International Plumbing Code 2003 from what I found at their site online, you may want to call the City and ask how you can see the code, maybe online by googling something like "International Plumbing Code", 2003, I see several listing but they all want to see you that massive code book. I am sure the City can lead you to the free code or answer your question.
    plumberjames83 Posts: 99, Reputation: 5

Nov 26, 2007, 10:41 PM
    Yeah I have the 2003 ipc just can't find it this is also occurring in vestaiva
    I am sure you know where that is
    RichardBondMan Posts: 832, Reputation: 66

Nov 26, 2007, 10:56 PM
    Since Vestavia is in Jefferson County, I guess you have to comply with both codes, they may have adopted the same code ?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Maximum and Minimum without a calculator [ 1 Answers ]

FInd the maximum and minimum value of the expression: (y^2)/121 + (w^2)/81 if x, y, z, satisfy the following system: x^2 + y^2 - 8x + 6y - 96 = 0 z^2 + w^2 + 10z - 4w - 52 = 0 xw + yz - 2x - 4w + 5y + 3z - 76 > 0

The maximum height of a baseball [ 2 Answers ]

The path of a baseball after it has been hit is modeled by the function: h=-0.0032 d (squared) + d + 3 where h is the height in feet of the baseball and d is the distance in feet the baseball is from homeplate . What is the maximum height reached by the baseball? How far is the baseball...

Pipe of maximum length [ 9 Answers ]

This site doesn't have enough traffic. So here's a max/min for those who would like to try. Maybe you've seen something similar before. "A pipe of negligible diameter is to be carried horizontally around a corner from a hallway 8 ft wide into a hallway 4 ft wide. What is the maximum length the...

Does OE 6.0 have a maximum group size? [ 2 Answers ]

I have a group of 65+ email addresses for my club. When I try to send a message to the group, I initially get an error which delays the sending of the message. Once the error is cancelled, the message is sent. Some recipients report receiving 2 emails, one of gibberish and the other readable. ...

Understanding maximum wattage [ 1 Answers ]

I have two floodlight fixtures on a single switched circuit. Each fixture has a pair of 150 watt bulbs for 300 watts per fixture or 600 watts on the circuit. I want to replace one of the fixtures with a fixture that has a motion detector as is commonly sold in hardware stores. Like the fixture...

View more questions Search