Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Askee Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Nov 26, 2007, 07:47 AM
    How to know the file that is being used ?
    Dear All,

Would like to know the list of files that is being used by windows like if file is being read from or written into or updated or downloaded?
    1) Let if you are downloading a file, some OS upgradation.. the file that is being downloaded the "Last modified value" if viewed from the details should be latest .
    2) If a file is being edited and if the same file is read or edited it will throw the error...

Can anybody help me out with this problem?? Let me know if Am missing any of the detail which is unclear to u :confused:

Advance Thanks... :)
    jaspreet2142 Posts: 42, Reputation: 2

Nov 27, 2007, 07:42 PM
    May this help

"autoruns.exe"
    "procexp.exe"
    "filemon.exe"

These are small softwares
    Search it in Google or get it from Microsoft TechNet: Windows Sysinternals

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I get the path of a .bat file inside the .bat file dynamically? [ 4 Answers ]

Hi... I have a .bat file (script) which I can place in any directory. How do I get the current directory path of this file inside this .bat file dynamically without initaly setting any variable? I know we can use "." or ".."etc. But i know there is some command which we can use in the .bat...

How do I file for child abandonment and when can I file? [ 15 Answers ]

My daughters father has not seen her for over a year and he just left without telling me he was leaving. I do have a child support order and I have full custody of her. Im just afraid that he will try to take her away from me later in life and I don't want her to go through that because Im with a...

How do I file a property lien. Can I file it or do I need an attorney. [ 4 Answers ]

I am involved with heir property and have taken care of the property since the owner died. Can I file a lien on the property so that I can be repaid for the out of pocket expense incurred?

File single or file separate [ 2 Answers ]

I am engaged to marry a woman who lives in Switzerland. We both have sizable incomes and we do not want to pay substantially more taxes in either country. Currently I file single. When I simply changed the status of my filing in TurboTax from single to Married filing separately, the tax burden...

If I file 1040NR, do I file state as nonresident? [ 1 Answers ]

The title says it all-I worked in several states but I am foreigner. Does that mean that I file state taxes as non-resident as well?

View more questions Search