Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Nov 26, 2007, 06:05 AM
    KVM for PC and old MAC
    Will any of the switches handle a PC keyboard and mouse with an Apple Desktop Buss? Monitor will be no problem since we are already using a PC monitor and an adapter with the Mac. It is a Power Mac 6600 running Mac 7.6. We need to share an ethernet connection too.
    retsoksirhc Posts: 912, Reputation: 71

Nov 27, 2007, 12:02 PM
    I'm not sure about the KVM, but for the ethernet connection, you'd probably be better off with a switch or a hub. If you get one that supports either Uplink or Auto MDI/MDI-X should be able to connect to both computers and another router/switch/hub without having to use any special cables. If you have one that doesn't support that, you could connect it to your existing network with a crossover cable.

I'd rather just connect both of them to the network at the same time, rather than mess with finding a KVM that supports PC/MAC hardware AND a network connection. Besides, that way you can still connect to one on the network even while you're not controlling it.

If you don't have a network set up yet, and you need to just share an internet connection, you can get a router for a decent price to keep both of them online. Usually they're about $30 for a cheap one if you look through the paper and find one on sale. I'd recommend and Linksys or Netgear (people like D-link too, but I've never had good luck with them)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Mac [ 1 Answers ]

Hi To Everybody This Is My First Chance To Be On This Platform The Question Is I Somehow Deleted The Outlook Express On My I Mac And It Had All My Contacts And Important Emails I Am Not Able To Retrieve It Can Any One Suggest Me If It. Could Be Retrieved At All And If Possible How. Thanks ...

Ip vs mac [ 2 Answers ]

MVIJAY What's the exact differnce between IP Address and Mac Address. Through which address the packets are interchanged

Mac or PC [ 3 Answers ]

What's the benefits of having a PC for an author

Kvm [ 2 Answers ]

Anyone know of using kvm (keyboard, video, mouse) or other software/hardware that can control 2 computers or more at once without switching between computers? What I'm looking for is 2 PC, 2 monitor using 1 keyboard and mouse. If I type "hello world" in wordpad, it would type on 2 PC at the...

View more questions Search