Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    harryeames Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Dec 2, 2005, 08:15 AM
    Missing file for JL2005A camera
    I am trying to set up a Jl2005A dual function digital camera together with ArcSoft Photoimpression 4 from a CD. I have Windows XP and lots of harddisc. I have also in the past downloaded (online) Service Pack 2. When I connect the camera via a USB I get a message "The file 'dshowext.ax' on Windows XP Home Ed. Service Pack 2 CD is needed. Type the path where the file is located and then click OK. I have typed C:/WINDOWS/ServicePacks and other things to no effect. The file dshowext.ax appears to be on my computer (from a search) and I have moved it to the JL2005A folder, again to no effect. Should be glad of any suggestion. Thnaks
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Dec 2, 2005, 09:33 AM
    File
    Hi,
    When you say the file appears to be on your computer, what is the path to it?
    When you do a search, it should show you the pathway to the file. Write down the pathway.
    When you try installing the program and it asks for it, click on the Browse button, and keep clicking until you get to the proper folder.
    I have tried using the ArcSoft Photoimpressions program, and just personally, like the other imaging programs we have much better, such as Paint Shop Pro, Microsoft Picture it.
    I do wish you the best of luck, and maybe someone will come along and give you a better, more specific answer.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Missing file msstdfmt.dll [ 6 Answers ]

Hello I've downloaded a piece of diagnostic software that will not run because it says that I am missing the file MSSTDFMT.DLL. The Microsoft web site tells me this stands for "Microsoft Standard Data Formating Object". I have located this .DLL at www.dll-files.com and believe it should be...

Missing comm.drv file [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, I use Windows XP runnng on 1.8GB clock speed. I receive an error message saying: NTVDM KERNEL: Missing 16-bit system module Please re-install the following module to your system32 directory: COMM.DRV I've searched my entire hard disk and sure enough, no such file exists. What should I...

XP Home edition on Dell missing dll file [ 2 Answers ]

hi folks I try do repair xp home edition to a dell with the disk that come with and I'm getting a lot of missing dll files. After quite a few tries only the comrepl.dll is missing as the mswrd6.wpc also. I do have the files but where I should copy them? Can someone point where I should copy them?...

Missing SKU112.CAB file [ 2 Answers ]

Hi My Windows Installer keeps popping up and says I am missing this file. I cannot locate the CD for my Microsoft Office 2003 Standard Student & Teacher Edition (good for 3 computers in the home). That means, I cannot replace the missing file. However, I read that the CD doesn't have the...

View more questions Search