Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    beez0983 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 25, 2007, 05:49 PM
    Philosophy Philosophy
    When I declare that "I ought to do x" what in effect, do I mean according to Aristotle? Hume? Mill?
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Nov 25, 2007, 06:21 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by beez0983
    When I declare that "I ought to do x" what in effect, do I mean according to Aristotle? Hume? Mill?
    We don't know what you mean, because you haven't stated what you mean yet, according to your own thoughts on the subject.

Is this a homework question? If it is, then you will need to postulate what you think first about "I ought to do (x)." Then we can discuss it.
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Nov 25, 2007, 06:23 PM
    I think you ought to think that out for yourself - any of those philosophers would have wanted it that way. If you had studied them, why wouldn't you know by now?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Philosophy of sound [ 14 Answers ]

Someone must be able to come up with something: If a tree fell in a forest and nobody was around, would it make a noise? I have a theory on this.

Philosophy of science [ 2 Answers ]

How was the trasition from geocentrism to heliocentrism executed. Who are the dramatis personal and their input to science.

Philosophy [ 10 Answers ]

Is philosophy a concept or a study?

My philosophy [ 9 Answers ]

IF MY BODY WERE A CAR If my body were a car, this is the time I would be thinking about trading it in for a newer model. I've got bumps and dents and scratches in my finish and my paint job is Getting a little dull, but that's not the worst of it. My headlights are out of focus and it's...

View more questions Search