Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    fwtefftson Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 25, 2007, 12:33 PM
    HP Pavilion dv5000?
    How do I access or open the Recovery Drive on an HP Pavilion dv5000?
    thematrix12 Posts: 65, Reputation: 2

Nov 25, 2007, 01:16 PM
    It is normally buried deep into the hdd on a secret partition. Download partitionmagic and make it seen by your os :)
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Nov 25, 2007, 01:40 PM
    When you first boot your PC there will be instructions to press some keys for different functions. On my HPs, F10 gets you into the Recovery partitions.
    thematrix12 Posts: 65, Reputation: 2

Nov 25, 2007, 01:41 PM
    Hi mate. They normally are, excuse me if it wasn't in this case. I know on my acer they nick around 10gb of the hdd on a secret partition. Do you not have a disc to use?>
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Nov 25, 2007, 02:44 PM
    Sorry, but they are not in a "secret partition". On most PCs they are in a small (8-10G) partition that is generally a non-DOS partition and needs to be entered through the recovery access that is part of the boot process.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

HP Pavilion dv5000 reset to factory operating system [ 3 Answers ]

After weeks to trying to remove a Trojan virus from my computer, I was told that I could reset to the factory operating system to get rid of it. I realize I will lose all of my prgrams, but I don't care any more. How do I do this?

My new HP dv5000 died and won't even turn on [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I bought a HP Pavilion dv5000 last October. Last week it just died, that is turned off and never restarted, it seems totally dead. No lights sounds or anything. Unfortunately my warranty was only for 90 days which already passed, so I took it to a service center and they replied: - It...

Please help with my hp pavilion a200n cd-rom [ 2 Answers ]

OK... im a big gamer but my mom picked out the computer for my birthday.. it runs the games I like.. rather used to but now my cd-rom is totally *****ed up I got new cd-roms blah blah same thing... I got a new "wire thingy" that runs from the cd rom to the motherboard.. SAME THING.. I also put in...

HP Pavilion a200n Desktop - no XP cd? [ 2 Answers ]

I have purchased an HP Pavilion a200n Desktop in 2003 and am wanting to format the hardrive, but I now realized that I do not have an operating system CD. The HP website suggests creating a recovery CD. However, won't that just restore the system back to the state it was in when the recovery CD...

View more questions Search