Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tobor2001 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 24, 2007, 08:30 PM
    Would a clogged dryer vent keep a dryer from turning on?
    I have a relatively new GE stack W/D - would a clogged dryer vent keep the dryer from turning on? Does it have a sensor to keep it from turning on if it senses a blockage?
    esquire1 Posts: 2,483, Reputation: 209
    Ultra Member

Nov 25, 2007, 12:25 PM
    If you have a blockage, the thermal fuse could blow. It is non-resetable, and needs to be replaced. It is located on the back side of the blower housing.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Kirkland Signature, Whirlpool Dryer not turning [ 4 Answers ]

I have a Kirkland Signature Whirlpool Dryer that doesn't want to turn. The Dryer turns on, heats-up, but the "drum" doesn't turn. I've tried to manually turn it once, to check if something had "slipped" or wasn't catching, with the same result. Btw- its Model# SEDX600JQO OK - I've taken the...

Dryer Drum not turning [ 4 Answers ]

I have a Whirlpool electric dryer model# LEC8858EQ1. The dryer drum has stopped turning. I hear the motor and see the heating element inside glowing, but the drum won't move. I can turn it by hand. Is this a broken belt or gear, or something else? Thanks in advance Howard

Connecting dryer vent to bathroom vent? [ 2 Answers ]

Does anyone out there know if I can connect my dryer vent to my bathroom vent using a t-connection? Thanks Me

View more questions Search