Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ana2001 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 24, 2007, 05:51 PM
    Need definitions for dead against /dead mens shoes/ dead marines
    I need help with the definitions of dead against /dead mens shoes/ dead marines for socioloy class .
    Please help
    templelane Posts: 1,177, Reputation: 227
    Ultra Member

Nov 24, 2007, 06:54 PM
    I don't know what this has to do with sociology, seems rather weird to me! But here is what I take two of the phrases to mean...

Dead against means that it is a situation/idea that a person really doesn't like. For example I'm dead against whaling I think it is a barbaric practice.

Walking in a dead man's shoes is like you are as good as dead, it is a threat. Or sometimes someone will say they are walking in dead man's shoes as in something bad is about to happen to them.

I'm afraid I don't know the last one, never heard of the phrase.

Good luck, please post what this is all about very curious!
    ana2001 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 24, 2007, 07:25 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ana2001
    i need help with the definitions of dead against /dead mens shoes/ dead marines for socioloy class .
    please help
    Thank you for your answer and this is for sociology class,

Death,dying,& bereavement - soc 204
    Lehman college

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Seeing The Dead [ 35 Answers ]

Hi , I'm 15 , recently been very ill for 4 weeks with bad headaches , since I've been ill I've started seeing people , weird strange people , lately I've noticed these people are dead since I saw my uncle who passed away a year ago , This also happened when I was about 7 , my parents thought I...

Dead Boys [ 3 Answers ]

A friend told me this yesterday saying it was a riddle. I couldn't figure it out and searched for an answer today, but I couldn't come up with anything either. Is it an actual riddle with an answer or just a quirky poem? "Early one morning late one night two dead boys came out to fight. Back to...

Is my PC Dead? [ 1 Answers ]

We had a power outage earlier this week due to a raccoon electrocution in our city's substation. All of our home electronics are fine EXCEPT for our DELL 5100 computer tower. The monitor works, and the indicator light for internet hookup is lit. We just cannot turn on the computer. We called...

Seeing dead? [ 5 Answers ]

Hiya all, I'm quite new to this, I'm going through a pretty hard time at the moment, one of my Aunty's son's died at the weekend, I'm pretty close to her. I went to see her and behind her, at a glance, I saw this man standing behind her with his hand on her shoulder. When I got home I mentioned...

Dead in the Yard [ 4 Answers ]

How do I check to see if I am getting juice to the spark plug?

View more questions Search