Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    whiteblazer01 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Dec 1, 2005, 09:47 AM
    I need a new heater coil and ignitor
    My a/c guy told me I need a new heater coil and ignitor, but its going to be expensive. I am handy and electronically and mechanically inclined, can someone help me do it myself? Thanks!
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Dec 1, 2005, 10:14 AM
    The ignitor shouldn't be that much. It should be a little loop or spiral of metal near where the gas or oil comes out. It will have a couple of wires to it. Remove it, and take it to a place that sells HVAC parts. Let them match it up or they may want to work from the model number.

I am not sure what you mean by a heater coil. Is this a boiler? Post back with more details. If it contains Freon, you will have to leave it to a licensed tech.

Dec 1, 2005, 11:15 AM
    Oops, I am reading the diagnosis.

"heater not working properly due to bad ignition control and hot surface ignitor."

And how do I find a place that sells hvac parts?

Dec 1, 2005, 12:01 PM
    Never mind, I checked out prices online, and it would not be any cheaper to have a tech come out and fix it. Thanks for the help!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Cleaning an evaporator coil? [ 2 Answers ]

How do you recommend that I clean a dirty evaporator coil? I appreciate your help!

Size of A Coil for AC [ 8 Answers ]

Hi Guys I want to buy an AC 2 ton but I have a fairly large air plenum on my furnace about 20 by 22 inches and any AC’s that I have looked at come with a smaller A Coil so if I used this it would greatly reduce my air flow. The A Coil looks like it is meant for a furnace in an apartment size...

98 F-150 coil packs [ 1 Answers ]

I just recently purchased a 98 F-150 5.4L. When I test drove it it had no power and the engine studdered violently. When they repaired the truck they told me it was bad coil packs causing missfires. 10 days ago I picked the truck up running smooth and strong. Then yesterday it just started doing it...

Matching Coil - Trane XR-13 [ 2 Answers ]

Can someone give me a ballpark figure on the price of a matching coil for a new Trane XR-13 A/C?

Furnace coil blocked? [ 2 Answers ]

Our furnace heater coil is only 5 yrs old. We have little hot water pressure throughout the house. We have been told the coil element in our tankless system is blocked and we need a replacement coil. It is going to cost at least $650. An option is buying a separate water heater for $1600. We are...

View more questions Search