Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    handsfree Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 24, 2007, 04:59 PM
    Eviction of a family member
    How do I go about in evicting my son from my house?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 24, 2007, 05:01 PM
    Is he a renter, is there any rrental agreement, does he pay to tay and so on.
    handsfree Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 24, 2007, 05:03 PM
    Does not pay rent or accommodation or towards any bills
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 24, 2007, 05:23 PM
    Ok, how old is the child?

Normally if they are over 18 you just tell them to get out, and lock them out if they don't move. I have had to do that to one of my own at one point. You can give them a notice and go though court if you want to, but there is no requirement in most states.
    Josemario Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 21, 2011, 01:34 PM
    My daughther has lived with me for a number of years paying rent irregularly,but she has not pay any for the last four months.I am 81 years old and living off my retirement pension check.We do not get along and I want her and her 10 year old son out of the house,so I can sell it and move to an apartment that I am able to afford

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Family Member Eviction [ 6 Answers ]

How Do You Go About Evicting A Family Member Who Has Never Paid Rent, And Does Not Want To Leave In The State Of Florida?

Family member eviction [ 1 Answers ]

Two and a half years ago, my son and his family entered into a verbal agreement with me. They would move into my home, pay the utilities, and save their money to re-mortgage/finance the house after two years so I could purchase a condo. About a year and a half ago, my son approached me concerning...

Family member eviction [ 4 Answers ]

How do I evict my brother-inlaw from my house?

Eviction of a family member from a single family home [ 2 Answers ]

My brother who is about 37 years old lives with my father, sister and myself; my brother is an alcoholic and a drug addict and is verbally abusive to my father who is 71 years old and is also disabled. My father wants him to move out of the house; is there a specific amount of time, by law, that...

Eviction of family member [ 2 Answers ]

I have a nephew who has lived his whole life in my house. A few years ago he asked to move into the basement apt, agreeing to help with the bills by paying a certain amount monthly (no written agreement). He moved his girlfriend in about 1 year after moving downstairs, things were fine until...

View more questions Search