Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Stringer Posts: 3,733, Reputation: 770
    Business Expert

Nov 28, 2007, 07:18 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by lovelesspa
    Holy cow, this is a duplicate of me, those boys got so tall and strong, ones 6" 1 and the little one is 6"4, no they have no problem taking me! , picking me up, but, I have all the I love you mom cards they made at school and that keeps me warm!:)
    No matter how old your children are now, or how far they travel, you will always have them in your heart. What a feeling when you can reach and touch those memories just like they happened yesterday, anytime you choose.

I am becoming my Mom in so many ways, I was with two of my grandchildren recently. And for the first time I asked them "do you want to see some pictures? We sat there just like I did when I was a child and "who's this Papa, look at that old car (my '68 Charger RT), look at how they styled their hair.. "

Coaching my grandson's football and baseball just like I did his father, going to all my granddaughters' high school cheer leading games, going fishing, all this builds bonds and create future memories too.

I think we are very fortunate lovelespa.
    lovelesspa Posts: 1,019, Reputation: 127
    Ultra Member

Nov 28, 2007, 07:52 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Stringer
    No matter how old your children are now, or how far they travel, you will always have them in your heart. What a feeling when you can reach and touch those memories just like they happened yesterday, anytime you choose.

I am becoming my Mom in so many ways, I was with two of my grandchildren recently. And for the first time I asked them "do you want to see some pictures? We sat there just like I did when I was a child and "who's this Papa, look at that old car (my '68 Charger RT), look at how they styled their hair...?"

Coaching my grandson's football and baseball just like I did his father, going to all my granddaughters' high school cheer leading games, going fishing, all this builds bonds and create future memories too.

I think we are very fortunate lovelespa.
    If we produce, we are definitely fortunate! No matter how/what the circumstances! My grandkids are soooo cute!! :cool:
    jrebel7 Posts: 1,255, Reputation: 251
    Ultra Member

Nov 28, 2007, 11:21 PM
    Everyone hopes that they teach their children the worth of kindness and giving. My parents taught me more by the doing than the saying. My daughter was in third grade. It was Christmas time. Each child had to take a gift for the gift exchange. My daughter and I shopped to find just the thing we thought a little girl might be excited to have if they received her gift in the exchange. We wrapped it in bright color paper and pretty ribbon and my little girl went off to school excited about the day and excited to give her gift to whoever drew her name. Christmas is the time for giving and I was excited to hear all about her day when she got home from school. We always had a snack and a visit time then time for maybe 30 minutes of cartoons or playing and then homework before dinner. When she arrived I asked her who received her gift and she told me and said how much the person enjoyed the gift. I could tell she was so excited. I then asked, "Well, who had a gift for you and what did you get." She was so excited and told me the name of the little girl. I knew the little girl and her mother. My daughter said, "Oh, she gave me this book!" She was smiling and telling me how much she thought she would enjoy reading it. As I looked at the book, my heart just sank for her. The book was dirty, had torn pages, pages that were bent, the cover was wrinkled, a well loved book. I tried to be positive but just said, "Oh honey!" and I gave her a hug but my heart was just sad for my daughter. She could tell I was sad for her. I said, "I bet it will be a fun book." She looked at me and said, "Mama, she doesn't have very much money. I think this was one of her books she had but she gave it to me." She treasured that book. I teared up and hugged her and told her how proud I was of her for the way she received the gift. Knowing the little girl and her mother, I was aware they had difficult struggles, the child was unkempt and wore wrinkled dirty clothes but was the sweetest little thing, so excited about life and friends. One could tell that the mother tried very hard to be her best. To see such sweetness in a little child just warms the heart and puts everything in perspective. She has two children of her own now and I am so proud of her and her family. She is such a good mother.
    Ultra Member

Nov 28, 2007, 11:38 PM
    My son is two years and nine months younger than my daughter. The school had something called "National Lunch Week". The school had a theme and the kids would dress up according to the theme and at the end of the day, a winner from each class was announced. It came with a cash prize. I think $10.00 if I am remembering correctly. My son came home and as with all activities, we had worked together on putting together a fun little conglomeration of things we could find around the house to complete the outfit. We never went out and purchased things for such contests. The kids and I always enjoyed the challenge of just finding stuff around the house or making things from cardboard or egg cartons, etc. for the outfit. It seems to me the fun for us was the creating and finding a treasure around the house that would be just perfect!! We would look together through closets and chests. My son came home that day after his fun "Lunch Week" activity day. He had won first place and won the $10.00 prize. I acted silly and saying how fun, etc. I asked, "Wow! What are you going to do with that prize money?" He put his hand up to his face looking very serious. He said, "Well, you know my friend, (and named the little boy), I said, "Yes." He said, "Well, you know he has cancer and they are taking him to Disney World. (I knew they were taking donations at the school which we gladly gave to earlier). "I think I want to give it to him for his trip." Proud of him as I was, I must admit, I asked, "Well, would you want to give most of it to him and keep a little to get your self something since you won the contest?" He thoughtfully said, "No. I think I want to give all of it to him!" Again with tears in my eyes, I hugged that little guy with a big bear hug and told him how proud of him I was that he was choosing to help his friend and I thought God would be very proud of the choice he was making. He now has three children of his own and I am so proud of him and his family. He is such a good daddy and he still has such a giving spirit.
    Business Expert

Nov 29, 2007, 06:30 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by jrebel7
    My son is two years and nine months younger than my daughter. The school had something called "National Lunch Week". The school had a theme and the kids would dress up according to the theme and at the end of the day, a winner from each class was announced. It came with a cash prize. I think $10.00 if I am remembering correctly. My son came home and as with all activities, we had worked together on putting together a fun little conglomeration of things we could find around the house to complete the outfit. We never went out and purchased things for such contests. The kids and I always enjoyed the challenge of just finding stuff around the house or making things from cardboard or egg cartons, etc. for the outfit. It seems to me the fun for us was the creating and finding a treasure around the house that would be just perfect!!! We would look together through closets and chests. My son came home that day after his fun "Lunch Week" activity day. He had won first place and won the $10.00 prize. I acted silly and saying how fun, etc. I asked, "Wow! What are you going to do with that prize money?" He put his hand up to his face looking very serious. He said, "Well, you know my friend, (and named the little boy), I said, "Yes." He said, "Well, you know he has cancer and they are taking him to Disney World. (I knew they were taking donations at the school which we gladly gave to earlier). "I think I want to give it to him for his trip." Proud of him as I was, I must admit, I asked, "Well, would you want to give most of it to him and keep a little to get your self something since you won the contest?" He thoughtfully said, "No. I think I want to give all of it to him!" Again with tears in my eyes, I hugged that little guy with a big bear hug and told him how proud of him I was that he was choosing to help his friend and I thought God would be very proud of the choice he was making. He now has three children of his own and I am so proud of him and his family. He is such a good daddy and he still has such a giving spirit.
    The "gifts" you gave your children have no cash value Jrebel7, you taught them "giving" and that is priceless. They are good people because of the examples they have seen.

I have said many times that you can "preach" all day to a child, do they learn something; maybe. What they see and experience is how the learning process sets in.

You should be very proud.:)
    Ultra Member

Nov 29, 2007, 07:27 AM
    Thank you Stringer. I am proud of my children. They seem to continually teach me! LOL
    startover22 Posts: 2,758, Reputation: 363
    Ultra Member

Dec 2, 2007, 09:56 PM
    Did I hear some one say 68' Charger??
    Oh goodness... NICE Stringer!
    Business Expert

Dec 2, 2007, 10:33 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by startover22
    Did I hear some one say 68' Charger???
    Oh goodness.....NICE Stringer!!

Yes, I love that car; 440 magnum, 4 on the floor, dark forest green with bumble bee strips.

That to brings back many, many memories Start.:)
    Ultra Member

Dec 3, 2007, 09:06 AM
    Yes, I love that car; 440 magnum, 4 on the floor, dark forest green with bumble bee strips.

That to brings back many, many memories Start.:)
    I think you should go get you one for Christmas! That is what I think!:) :) :) :);)
    Business Expert

Dec 3, 2007, 09:30 AM
    I think you should go get you one for Christmas!! That is what I think!:) :) :) :);)
    That is a nice thought, and it tugs at my heart. But alas it is a memory and probably should remain as such. Even at my age now I would probably be in trouble, not being able to keep my foot off the peddle. Ha.:p
    Ultra Member

Dec 3, 2007, 09:32 AM
    Stringer, for some reason I believe you! I have the same problem... lead foot is my nick name!
    Business Expert

Dec 3, 2007, 09:38 AM
    Stringer, for some reason I believe you! I have the same problem...lead foot is my nick name!!
    It was a great car, it was kept spotless. I had about 8 coats of wax on it, it looked so good that it seemed you could see two feet into the wax. Aaah you are bringing back some good memories, thanks.
    Ultra Member

Dec 3, 2007, 09:54 AM
    Yes... that is wonderful, sounds dreamy to me... I am a sucker for anything (almost) between 67' and 69'
    I sure love the Cameros and GTO's (Goats if you will)
    Memories Stringer are what make us... and I suppose what we do with them,like share them with loved ones and friends! :)
    Business Expert

Dec 3, 2007, 11:31 AM
    Yes...that is wonderful, sounds dreamy to me....I am a sucker for anything (almost) between 67' and 69'
    I sure love the Cameros and GTO's (Goats if you will)
    Memories Stringer are what make us...and I suppose what we do with them,like share them with loved ones and friends!!:)
    True, there are so many, I guess sometimes we forget and something clicks and they come flowing back.
    Ultra Member

Dec 3, 2007, 11:37 AM
    True, there are so many, I guess sometimes we forget and something clicks and they come flowing back.
    Awwww, Stringer that is why this post is so wonderful... ;)
    Business Expert

Dec 8, 2007, 12:00 AM
    Awwww, Stringer that is why this post is so wonderful...;)
    Thank you, anyone else have some memories?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Feels good. But hurts at the same time? [ 2 Answers ]

Me and my husband been together for about 2 years.. and eversence the sex is GREAT! Till then.. starting about 1 mth ago.. it felt good. But it really hurt me inside.. like towards the cervix... not the cervix.. but up there.. anytime we do other positions.. feels good.. still hurts.. so he has to...

Its time for Mac to go. For good this time. [ 8 Answers ]

HI to Everyone. I found this site 3 months ago and received so much info which I didn't even really take in. I stayed around it kept me occupied. Taliman, chuff, wildcat, jeur, jiser, geoff, sbelle and many others helped me through a difficult patch. Its been a long road and my Ex well she...

View more questions Search