Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    alysha Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 1, 2005, 06:30 AM
    internet sharing - analog x proxy problem
    hi,

I'm having difficulty sharing Internet connection to my other PC using analog x proxy software. My type of internet connection is dial-up.

I have 2 PCs at home. Computer A has pentium 4 cpu, winxp sp2 installed, hard disk partitioned in ntfs while computer b has a pentium celeron cpu, winxp sp1 installed, hard disk partitioned in fat32. I was able to network these two PCs successfully. In computer A I've assigned "10.199.14.5" as my ip while in computer b I've assigned "10.199.14.6" as my ip.

I've installed analog x proxy in computer A and then I've enabled the "use proxy server for your lan" in the Internet Explorer of computer B and then I've entered 10.199.14.5 on the "address:" field and on the "port:" field I've entered "6588." However, there is still no Internet connection in computer B. when I attempt to browse any site, I get "page cannot be displayed" error.

please help. Thanks in advance

alysha
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Dec 1, 2005, 07:04 AM
    Seems odd.

Have you had a look thro' analogx's site; HERE for advice ?

Something to check.
    On Comp B have you setup the Default Gateway correctly ?

Just out of interest why did you choose to use a third party poxy when windows has Internet Connection Sharing built in ?
    This would probably be more than good enough for the use that you want.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Internet sharing on wireless network (ad hoc) [ 3 Answers ]

Hi this is my first post on here and I was wondering if anyone could help me. I have a PC and a laptop both with wireless cards. I've managed to connect the 2 and have good signal. I went into my internet connection settings and clicked the check box "allow others to connect through this...

Sharing internet connection on wireless network (ad hoc) [ 1 Answers ]

Hi this is my first post on here and I was wondering if anyone could help me. I have a PC and a laptop both with wireless cards. I've managed to connect the 2 and have good signal. I went into my internet connection settings and clicked the check box "allow others to connect through this...

Wireless internet sharing [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I want to set up a wireless LAN that connects two computers. I have a D-Link AirPLus G wireless router that connects to my ADSL modem. A D-Link wireless card on the laptop and a TP-Link wireless card on the desktop. I logged on to internet using my laptop first, and it worked, but then when I...

Internet Sharing Q [ 3 Answers ]

Me again. So many questions, so little time :P Anyway. Here's my existing setup. We have a network in our place. 2 PC's directly connected to a router, three connected to a switch upstairs. We use this tp access the internet. And all that works fine. But my girlfriend is often using her...

Problem with proxy server & ports [ 1 Answers ]

Hi there I have been using the Analog X proxy server to access the internet across my network as I had a system crash with Windows XP which has blanked the screen which should show my internet sharing and network settings, unregistered files and deleted DLL files, and it is the only way to get...

View more questions Search