Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    eyeski Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Nov 24, 2007, 06:55 AM
    Chronotherm IV display goes blank when ac activated
    I was changing out an old mercury switch dial thermometer for my AC to a chromotherm IV T8600D2028. I wired it as instructed with Y to Y, G to G, and R to Rc with a jumper to R. They also give a resistor to wire between Y and W. With this configuration the thermostat activates the AC but then goes blank. If I wire it without the resistor the same thing happens. Is there a common I should have connected to the thermostat? And if so how do I find it? Any thoughts?
    acetc Posts: 1,004, Reputation: 79
    Ultra Member

Nov 24, 2007, 04:04 PM
    You may need a common wire to the thermostat.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Chronotherm IV display blanks out upon activation of AC [ 2 Answers ]

I was changing out an old mercury switch dial thermometer for my AC to a chromotherm IV T8600D2028. I wired it as instructed with Y to Y, G to G, and R to Rc with a jumper to R. They also give a resistor to wire between Y and W. With this configuration the thermostat activates the AC but then goes...

Honeywell T8001 Thermostat - Blank Display [ 1 Answers ]

Kids while playing in the backyard were banging against the outside compressor unit and I found later that the display on the thermostat is now blank. So I can not switch on heating or air conditioning. Since my house has two units one for upstairs and one for downstairs, I tested by swapping the...

Thermostat display is blank [ 6 Answers ]

I have a Honeywell programmable thermostat and the display is blank. We had a bad storm and the power went out. I have checked the breaker and reset it. The blower will come on when I switch it to ON, but nothing else works. Can someone help?

Thermistat display goes blank and comes back intermittently. [ 2 Answers ]

I have a Bryant (Carrier) programmable thermidstat that has worked without problem for 2+ years. The problem is that the LCD and backlight goes out intermittently during the time the system is not running. I have yet to determine the exact sequence of when this happens but without intervention the...

View more questions Search