Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    stellargirl9 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 24, 2007, 06:34 AM
    Jealous over his ex and his female friends
    Ok, I KNOW I am being ridiculous. I have been with my boyfriend for over a year now. His ex is French (something that bothers me in it self cause of the whole glamourous stereotype about french women)- they broke up 2 years ago, were together for 3 years. She has NOT re-entered the picture, so its not like anything has happened to make me feel all this jealousy, in fact he has had zero communication with her in over a year and because of my own internet snooping I know she is engaged to another man. The thing is I know I am prettier than her, I also know he obviously has chosen ME and not her. I know it is not all about looks, but why can't I get these crazy thoughts out of my head. I keep having nightmares about their life together, etc and feeling all insecure and crazy. Why am I being so silly? Please help me grow up! Also on a different subject (but still about my obssessing... ) Do you believe its possible for guys and girls to be "Just Friends" without one or the other wanting more? I have a hard time believing it but maybe that's just based on my own experiences. And I cringe over my guy having "female friends"- he has one and it drives me crazy. He doesn't get together with her face to face, but they do talk on the phone like twice a month to say hey and stay in touch. It bothers me tremendously. I know I am a paranoid and jealous freak--- but I just wanted to see how everyone else feels about it if your b/f has female friends. Thanks in advance for your time.
    AustProd6 Posts: 88, Reputation: 15

Nov 25, 2007, 03:48 AM
    Stellargirl9
    I have about 8 very close female friends who contact me or visa versa weekly. I am close to them as they are my support group and they love me (Like a Big Brother). It was the cause of my 18 year relationship to end. She was controlling, possessive, jealious and demeaning of my friends. I rarely saw them and have NEVER slept or considered them a life partner. They are just very good friends. It has ruined my previous relationship that ended about 4 1/2 months ago however they were there to get me through it. BIG TIME.
    I feel quiet flattered to have so many female friends. I never had any sisters and grew up in a male dominated atmosphere.
    My ex use to snoop through my Mobile for calls, texts. As well as my emails. Anything that would indicate I may be playing around. It drove me nuts and I was walking on eggshells.
    Google: Green Eyed Monster and have a bit of a read.
    It may be consuming you but you must seek some type of help before you end it over stupid reasons that may be plainly unjust.
    You may call it emotional affair but basically its just plain jealousy.
    Hope it helps.
    rbnla Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Nov 25, 2007, 04:05 PM
    I have been in a relationship and I was the insane jealous one; trust me, you are only hurting yourself. One question that you have to ask yourself is "Do you trust your boyfriend?" If not, the relationship will be difficult to maintain. If you trust him but you are still jealous, truly consider counseling. Jealousy is a form of self-destructing.
    NAJ329 Posts: 8, Reputation: 2

Apr 2, 2010, 03:16 PM

You are being absolutely ridiculous! Unfortunately my current girlfriend is being the same way. Literally this is a fight going on today for me lol.

Girls need to stop with the trust issues. Us guys that are decent loving men that are faithful will only put up with so much.

I understand that there are a**holes out there and cheaters but we aren't all like that. If you can trust your boyfriend when he tells you that he loves you and is with you and wouldn't ever do anything to hurt you believe him. If he has a shady past w you such as cheated on an ex with you or hides female friends from you then id wonder and question.

Being jealous is COMPLETELY understandable. And a little jealousy will always be there, but you need to be mature and accept he has female friends.

Now do you have male friends? Ons that you talk to a lot? Ex's you're friends with? Just any guys in general? If your boyfriend was to pull this on you how would you feel? You need to reverse the way you are to see how it is.

Take a step back and realize how bad this is

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Friends who turned out to be false friends [ 11 Answers ]

Does any one have experience of people they thought to be friends but they turned out to be false friends ?

Do you guy have female friends that are just friend? [ 5 Answers ]

My boyfriend decided he wanted to start hanging out with his female friend that he has known since 3rd grade, should I be worried? He also talks to to his ex-girlfriends all the time. I am very insecure about this because the girl that he wants to hang out with is really beautiful and skinny, I'm...

My girlfreind has many man "friends", am I being jealous or controlling? [ 8 Answers ]

Hi Everyone; I REALLY hope to get some responses to help me with this, and I respect all that reply... ty My girlfriend and I are very much in love, at least I hope we both are. I am a guy that is very family orientated, and care very much about my partners feelings, and happiness. My...

View more questions Search