Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Mytech Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 30, 2005, 10:25 PM
    Unwanted backup(?) files/"ghost" files
    Hello. I have been getting these strange files that activate when I open Microsoft word documents. They are like shadow files. And also they appear in My Photo section too.

Here is some information I have copied from the property boxes of the files.
    I have done virus scans on these "ghost" files and they always return "no virus" results.

Property box details:

For Microsoft Word:

~WRL2450
    ~$P, 2005

Type of file: TMP File

Attributes: Hidden

For photo files:

ZbThumbnail

Attributes: Hidden
    Type of file: INFO File
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Dec 1, 2005, 06:01 AM
    Unwanted files
    Hi,
    These are called Temp files, placed there by programs when you open a file, or modify it. Sometimes, they will be deleted in time, and some stay there until you delete them yourself.
    Here is a link to a great, free, cleaner. This is better than the windows "Disk Cleaner" or whatever.
    http://www.ccleaner.com
    After downloading/installing it, you can clean out junk files (like the ones you have), Temp folders, etc, with just 2 clicks.
    You can also go to Start/Programs, then open Windows Explorer. At the top, click on View, then Folder Options. Click on the Files tab, then left click on "Show all Files". Then, click on Apply and OK.
    This will show all files to you, and they will not be hidden anymore.
    You can manually delete them if you wish.
    Mytech Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 2, 2005, 05:06 AM
    I'll get busy
    Thanks very much! I will try those suggestions.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I saw "spirit/ghost".. weird feeling! [ 2 Answers ]

I posted another thread titled.. My house is haunted.. But I wanted to share what happened to me almost 5 years ago at my dads house. My mom had passed away 10 days before xmas almost 5 years ago. I went to visit my dad about 2 weeks after she died. I was sitting at his kitchen table talking on the...

"Speaking against the Holy Ghost" [ 2 Answers ]

Jesus used the curious phrase as reported by Matthew, Matthew 12:31-32 "Wherefore I say unto you, All manner of sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven unto men: but the blasphemy against the Holy Ghost shall not be forgiven unto men. And whosoever speaketh a word against the Son of man, it...

Backup files [ 1 Answers ]

I am running Windows XP Home on my Dell and I need to back up some files to CD. It has been so long since I've done it I can't remember how! Where is the back up program that allows you to pick which ones you want to send to CD? Thanks:confused:

"reading" JPG files [ 6 Answers ]

My son has an APPLE and sends me (supposedly) picture files shown as JPG but I cannot open them. I am running Windows 98 on a PC and open normal pictures with MGI PhotoSuite. If I try to open one of his photos it shows, "The selected file is not a valid photo file. Photo could not be read."...

View more questions Search