Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Glenn Posts: 48, Reputation: 1

Nov 30, 2005, 09:20 PM
    Vibrating Washer
    Hi,

I have a Whirlpool Duet washing machine on the third floor of my A-frame house. Great machine, but when it goes on spin cycle, the whole house vibrates. It's worse on high, but happens on medium and low as well. We want it to run on high to spin out as much water as possible.

Is there a way to reduce or eliminate the vibration being transferred into the floor of the house. Rubber padding, shock absorbers, hang from the ceiling etc.

Thanks,

Glenn
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Nov 30, 2005, 09:54 PM
    Washing machines vibration
    Check the level on the bottom of all four feet and shim accordingly
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Dec 1, 2005, 05:40 AM
    The heaviest rubber pads you can find might help. More care loading it should help too. If you have 2 or more of the same thing, carefully put one on each side so the weight is balanced and it will vibrate less.
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Dec 1, 2005, 06:14 AM
    Vibrations
    Hi,
    The other two answers are good, and mine are almost the same.
    Do you have a level? Like a carpenter's level? You can get one, cheap, at any hardware store.
    Buy some rubber pads, that you can put under the "feet" of the washer.
    Then, place the level on top of the washer, door closed, and use the foot hinges to turn them, leveling up the washer.
    And, as another said, place your clothes equally on all sides of the washer.
    Short of hanging your washer from the ceiling, this is about all you can do.
    I do wish you the best of luck.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Pipes vibrating [ 10 Answers ]

Hello, A few things have recently started... 1) Our water pressure system seems to be acting up. When you turn on as faucet, the water pump kicks in. My understanding is the pressure in the tank keeps this from happening until below a certain point. I checked the pressure in the water tank and...

Vibrating pipe [ 7 Answers ]

We have a problem with a vibrating pipe located just off the hot water tank (cold line) which goes down into the crawl space and connects to the main water line. It vibrates only when the water isn't being used, mostly at night. Sounds like someone tapping their finger on a table really fast. If...

Vibrating pipes [ 4 Answers ]

I recently had a problem with an extremely loud, machine gun type sound in my water pipes whenever someone turned on the hot water too quickly. I would also hear a loud bang noise when any toilet was flushed, when the water would stop flowing in. At first it was fairly random when it would happen...

Vibrating string.. Which direction? [ 2 Answers ]

I am familiar with the basic theory of sound.. pressure waves produced by a vibrating object... But when one plucks a string to produce sound (a guitar, for example) does the string only vibrate in one axis, or two? What I mean is.. you pluck a string from one side to the other.. I assume...

Vibrating weedeater [ 1 Answers ]

I have major vibration in by weedeater. After only afew minutes I have to let turn it off. I can't get any work done it feels like it is going to break into pieces

View more questions Search