Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sumita Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 24, 2007, 01:26 AM
    Insulated Walls
    I need specification on insulation of walls for a garbage room (needs to be around 10deg c)
    How the insulation can be done? What type of wall will be required for insulating it.
    Section details of the insulated wall.
    clanmac Posts: 37, Reputation: 3

Nov 27, 2007, 05:43 PM
    You don't mention what city or town you are living inn, some more info would be good
    TerryB Posts: 53, Reputation: 3

Dec 2, 2007, 03:25 PM
    To determine how much insulation is required you need to list how much you are willing to spend heating/cooling the space. This means what is the common temperature difference between inside and outside? For example, if you lived at the North Pole, used an R 50 worth of insulation, you could heat the space with a 100 W light bulb.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Insulated Duct [ 2 Answers ]

A family member is having the duct work replaced in her house. One company wants to use flexible insulated ducts which is much cheaper. Another company wants to install insulated metal ducts saying the flexible ducts are hard to clean and blow fiberglass into the house. I don't have...

Can a fridge be stored in the non-heated/insulated garage in the winter [ 1 Answers ]

Can a fridge be stored in the non-heated/insulated garage in the winter?

Attached garage not insulated [ 9 Answers ]

I've got a ranch house with an attached garage. The garage is not in any way insulated which doesn't really bother me. What does bother me is there is no wall in the attic between the house and garage. I live in upstate NY and the winters are pretty cold up here, should I build an insulating...

Insulated sheathing boards [ 2 Answers ]

Has anyone had any experience with the polyisocyanurate foam sheathing boards ? I'm considering using one of the R4 rated .6" boards over a standard rigid wafer type sheathing before attach the fiber cement planked siding. Would a exterior wrap such as Permawrap also be helpful ? Can a wavy effect...

Shear walls [ 1 Answers ]

my engineer wants me to nail my shear at 2" oc. Doesn't that tear up the 2x4 and plywood??

View more questions Search