Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Nov 23, 2007, 11:12 PM
    Heat won't shut off
    From an email:

''Hello, purchased old home, hot water heat from old radiators, honeywell round thermostat, need some advice. Heat won't shut off, happened last year, worked after changing thermostat, turned up the heat from 65 to 70 but is higher and doesn't shut down, I switched off breaker disconnected the two wires at the thermostat put breaker back on and still turning on and off - I then left these disconnected and disconnected the red wire at the relay and the unit did not come back on until I reconnected the red wire to the relay. HELP PLEASE. Don't know if this matters but my hot water maker by amtrol runs off the furnace also. I am sorry to bother but it is cold, I am broke and I have a little one at home. Please help.

It sounds to me like the relay is sticking. Try giving it a rap with a screw driver handle while the heat is on. If it kicks off, replace the relay. You should also check the thermostat on the hot water. It could be stuck on.

There are other here that maybe able to give a better answer than I can.

Check out some similar questions!

Hampton Bay Remote Ceiling Fan - light works - no fan [ 2 Answers ]

After about 4 months of use, this began to happen. I would try to turn on the fan (either Low Med or High) and the fan would barely turn. Sometimes it would work - this lasted for about 5 days. Since then, if you try to turn on the fan, you get no response. Now, the light will still turn on...

Ceiling Fan Burned Out and Strong Odor [ 2 Answers ]

My ceiling fan stopped working tonight and there is a very strong odor in my bedroom. I am concerned about fire safety or my family. Can this be dangerous. I turned the switches off and got everyone out of that room but am still worried. It isn't a burning fire smell and there is no smoke just a...

Ceiling fan wiring, 2 blk, 2 what, 1 red, 1 grn from ceiling [ 3 Answers ]

I am attempting to install a hampden bay minuet 2 fan. The prexisting ceiling wires consist of two black, two white, 1 red, and my ground wire. A basic lite fixture was installed previously and controlled by a single wall switch. The wall switch has 1 red on the bottom and two black on the top...

Hampton Bay Ceiling fan: fan speed pull chain [ 2 Answers ]

The pull chain controlling the fan speed snapped off inside the unit. How much disassembly is required to replace it?

Hanging ceiling fan from vaulted ceiling peak [ 2 Answers ]

Want to install Hampton Bay's Berlini model 729395 on a cathedral ceiling with a single ridge beam. Want to hang fan from the peak and there's not enough room for the canopy to cover the hanger bracket. Is there any extenders for this?

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.