Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    its_a_me_thing Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Nov 23, 2007, 08:13 PM
    Homeschool boy confuses me
    Hi, I am 12 years old, almost 13(but everyone says I am waaay more mature than 12), and my crush is 14. Okay, yes my problem is at least sort of typical, but I am desperate. First I’ll tell you a little about myself. I am a home-schooled Pastors kid, and he is home schooled too, and goes to my church. He comes from a very very strict family, and so do I, but his parents are even more strict. And even if his parents weren’t, home school guys are just plain SHY!! And another thing, he’s my friend’s brother. I really don’t like those kinds of crushes, because they seem to always mess up your friendship, but I don’t think that would happen with us! Okay, so I used to have a mega crush on him when I was little, and he found out, so then it went away, for 2 whole years, or at least sort of. I was absolutely SURE about it just this year. But the other day, I went to my friend’s (his sister) house Sunday afternoon, and we did some stuff. Okay, now I’m not sure if you’re experienced at all with home school crushes, but let me tell you, they are definitely different than public school ones! When I’m over at their house, he talks completely freely with me, about movies, or websites, and stuff like that. Let me tell you what triggered my crush again. When I was over there, my friend pulled me into her room and told me that she had heard Caleb (her younger brother), and Cody (older brother, crush) talking, and Caleb asked Cody if he liked me, and he just said…yes. Am I crazy, or do you think as well, that it doesn’t mean that he LIKE likes me, but just likes me as his little sisters friend? Maybe it’s just me, but don’t you think that maybe he should have said some sort of confidentiality thing if he really did, like “promise you won’t tell?” or “why should you want to know?” I am just really confused, and I feel like I’m going crazy. Now, I’m not sure exactly what they said, but that’s what Hannah (friend) said! Ugh I feel like I will never get this answered for real. And if he did, and we both liked each other, then it would get awfully uncomfortable when I went over there!! Please please please please help me sooooon!! I am clueless and sooo confused and ugh I feel as though I will never really truly figure this out. The butterflies are back when I’m with him, but I conceal it very well!
    And sometimes I think he tries to impress me, by seeming really smart, or playing the drums(he IS really good) and sometimes he nicknames my stuff. I DO NOT WANT TO KNOW HOW TO TALK TO HIM OR WHATEVER, I JUST WANT TO KNOW IF HE LIKES ME. I WILL CROSS THAT BRIDGE WHEN I COME TO IT I AM NOT READY TO DATE YET ANYWAY. JUST TELL ME IF YOU THINK HE LIKES ME!
    BiWiccanAndProud Posts: 530, Reputation: 25

Nov 26, 2007, 03:02 PM
    Honey you are 12 years old you really don't have to be worrying about guys too much. When I was 12 I still thought boys were jerks and was getting my hair pulled, my how times change. Look some advice from me would be don't fall too hard your still young but...

I think he likes you ^.~
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 26, 2007, 04:07 PM
    Sorry but you have a lot of misconceptions,
    1. home school boys are move shy. No some boys are shy, some at not, at this younger age, more will be shy around girls than others, home school has nothing to do with it

2. your crush is different, sorry, no they are all about the same, except this one is happening to you, so to you no one else's will be similar

3. this friend said, this, that friend said that, is what you do at 12. You will laught about how silly it was when you are 17.

4. home school or not, most parents will not ( and should not) allow 12 year olds to date, so crushes come and they go, but will often be remembered

Nov 26, 2007, 04:19 PM
    Well yes, I probably will laugh about it when I'm older, but this is NOW!! And I agree that no one should let their kids date at 12, and I don't want to. Yes, crushes are all at least sort of the same, but you know what? Everyone who has a crush wants answers about their crush! And yes, I know some un-homeschooled guys are shy too, but I'm just saying that homeschool guys tend to be shy!!

Nov 26, 2007, 04:22 PM
    Comment on Fr_Chuck's post
    They did not answer my question, just pointed out my "misconseptions"!!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Should I homeschool my children? [ 21 Answers ]

I have recently decided to be a stay at home mom and am now considering homeschooling my three children (3rd - 6th grade). I homeschooled last semester, but I was also attending college full time. As you could imagine, things didn't go quite well. I was struggling between home, school, and...

Confuses about conception [ 3 Answers ]

Hi.. I was wondering if anyone might know about tubal reversal? I had my tubes reversed in June and I had a possitive ovulation test last week so I did my business and now I am waiting around to see if I get my period. Does anyone know how soon you can test to see if you are pregnant or if I have...

Resources, and How Do You Homeschool? [ 3 Answers ]

We get most of our resources for homeschooling from our local homeschool store (it's a small little store). I thought maybe that we could get a couple of books from Borders book store. We bought The Idiot's Guide on How To Write Well. Some of the homeschool textbooks that we buy are not...

My boyfreind really confuses me up! [ 3 Answers ]

I am in a serious relationship with my boyfriend from last 5 yrs. We have had a wonderful time until he started talking and messaging to this colleague in his office , I was not aware of this fact that they both message for long hours andused to meet her daily. They kissed each other on VDAY.He...

This guy confuses me [ 9 Answers ]

Hi Everyone, Ok so there is a guy I have been friends with at work for a long time and we started hanging out about a year ago. We would always talk at work but never started hanging out until he found out I liked him. Once he found out I liked him he told me we should hang out more which we...

View more questions Search