Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tshelton18 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Nov 30, 2005, 05:14 PM
    Homework assignment
    My homework assignment is about unions. Nurses asked for a 7% increase in living expenses and these nurses asked to have a meeting with the administrator to discuss issues about increasing the facilities and patient care and the administrator said, "Hell, it makes no difference what they want to talk about. There’s nothing I can do. We have no more money for salaries and therefore there’s no sense in talking about it. I will not meet with the nurses to discuss salary." Is this illegal?
    CaptainForest Posts: 3,645, Reputation: 393
    Ultra Member

Nov 30, 2005, 07:11 PM
    No it is not. Why should it be?

They can ask for 10%, with no more money to offer, there's nothing that can be done.

What your question doesn't state is whether the nurse's union contract has expired or not.

If it hasn't, they have no leg to stand on.

If it has, then the Administrator must negotiate in good faith, but he can stick to his guns about the 0% wage increase.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Assignment Help [ 5 Answers ]

Hi, I'm currently studying Forensic Science at College in England, and I was wondering if you could give me some pointers on an assignment I have as we have had very little guidance on it. The task is to review the types of energy (I believe this means kinetic, potential etc.), their...

Homework Assignment - Income Statement Balance [ 2 Answers ]

A-1 Photography Homework Assignment: Income Statement (Balance) Adjusted Trial Balance Entries: (Month Ending September 30, 2006) Service Revenue: Photographic Service Revenue 4,700 Expenses: Adjusted Trial Balance Amount:

My Chemistry Assignment [ 1 Answers ]

I've recently received an assignment, asking several questions, including: Why does blood turn brown, and what chemical reactions are involved with this change? Do different fibres (i.e. carpet) change the blood in any way (like its composition)? What do different fibres do to blood, and what...

View more questions Search