Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Harley Gram Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 23, 2007, 05:56 PM
    Glow in the dark Teddy Bear
    I am looking for a Glow in the dark teddy bear for my 3 year old granddaughter for Christmas. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks much!
    charlotte234s Posts: 1,903, Reputation: 143
    Ultra Member

Nov 23, 2007, 09:52 PM
    Well, it's not a teddy bear, but the only glow in the dark plush toy I know of is glow worm, they have them on amazon.com

Amazon.com: Hasbro Playskool Lullaby Gloworm: Toys & Games
    jessb Posts: 290, Reputation: 51

Nov 24, 2007, 04:22 AM
    Yeah my niece wanted it to... wat it is, is a care bear that glows in the dark, it's a blue color. I find mine in kmart. Its not all its cracked up to be. But that's what she wanted... it's a blue care bear that glows in the dark... :)
    jenhenry5454 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 9, 2007, 09:22 PM
    I have a three year old little boy and I found him a white light up teddy bear, when you squeeze its belly it turns different colors. Its really cute. It changes from green to red to yellow, and much more. We found it at Wal-Mart for around fourteen dollars. My little boy loves it.
    Mindworks Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 24, 2008, 07:16 PM
    To all who are interested. My very good friend INVENTED the FIRST EVER in the World glow in the Dark teddy bear. It is actually in the Oscar Gift bag this Sunday and he was just at the Toy Show in New York City, where Whoopi Goldburg carried his Glow in the Dark Teddy Bear around for 2 hours and it will be on ehte View talk show tomorrow morning.

His company name is What-if Productions, look him up on the internet.

It is charged by natural light (sun light, or direct light) and will glow for 12 hours when the lights go out at night. It is heling kids with the fear of the dark, it is helping them sleep at night case when they wake up they can find the bear and go back to sleep. It is replacing night lights.

I think you can contact him and order.

The inventors name is Tim Mercer and his company once again is What-if Productions.

Good Luck.
    Mindworks Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 24, 2008, 07:20 PM
    Also, forgot to mention it is the safest teddy bear on the market, cause it does not have any batteries, plus it is Hypoallergenic (speeling.. ). The Glow in the Dark Teddy bear can be washed, bleeched, left out side, it will last. Most bears on the market you cannot do all this with.

Again, good luck. If you are speaking with him, tell him I sent you his way.

This product was amongst millions of products at the NY toy show and it was amazing to see how well it stood up! Again not to many toys can say they made the Oscar bag.

Now that is a Special Bear...

He just launched the company, so you could not only have the first ever glow in the dark bear, but possibly have it before many do.
    Glow Bear Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 1, 2008, 11:39 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Harley Gram
    I am looking for a Glow in the dark teddy bear for my 3 year old granddaughter for Christmas. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks much!
    ... I sell the glow in the dark Teddy Bear. It is called The Glow Bear.
    They come in medium and large.
    Are you still interested?

Robert
    Ages Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 13, 2009, 09:33 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Mindworks View Post
    To all who are interested. My very good friend INVENTED the FIRST EVER in teh World glow in teh Dark teddy bear. It is actually in the Oscar Gift bag this Sunday and he was just at the Toy Show in New York City, where Whoopi Goldburg carried his Glow in the Dark Teddy Bear around for 2 hours and it will be on ehte View talk show tomorrow morning.

His company name is What-if Productions, look him up on the internet.

It is charged by natural light (sun light, or direct light) and will glow for 12 hours when the lights go out at night. It is heling kids with the fear of the dark, it is helping them sleep at night case when they wake up they can find the bear and go back to sleep. It is replacing night lights.

I think you can contact him and order.

The inventors name is Tim Mercer and his company once again is What-if Productions.

Good Luck.
    Congratulations to your friend. I am 20 years old and my first teddy bear ever was a glow in the dark bear called bluey. His production name is "Twinkley Slipper Bear" and its production date is 1987 from Regina Trading Co. Ltd. I got this from its tag right now, pretty worn out, but still visible. I am looking for one myself right now for my niece, and maybe a replacement for mine :P, ill admit that XD.

It is mostly blue, not sure if they ever came in pink for girls, but mine is various shades of blue stars on a medium-light blue fabric Head is mostly white with black nose, black eyes with blue rims, and blue stitching for a mouth and nose slit (anchor shaped). Feet are blue with white around ancles, 2 bunny ears on each foot with white in the forward-inside of the ears. Blue stars on him do not glow BUT he has some lighter colored stars that are hard to see in the day that glow bright at night and make a awesome stary field appearance all over him, and his whole head glows and parts of his feet and bunny ears. His neck is has a sewn pattern material, with a blue ribbon, probably tied in a bow at one point of time (notted and gnawed on from me, hehe)

I would say that if you could find this model you can throw away your children's night lights, after about 21+ years of age, my bear is still growing strong (either produced or copyrighted in the year prior to my birth)

The reason I might be looking for a new bear myself is mainly because of a huge tear along his crotch and legs. Perhaps throwing him around the back of my neck and yanking his legs in either directions while growing up wasn't the healthiest habbit for him. I found him in a box a few months ago and started sleeping with him again. Reminds me of my youth, what can I say? (tried using him to find stuff in the dark, didn't help too much, but almost!)

After I finish this I'm going to run a quick search for the criteria to beat anyone to the punch on finding one XD

Later, and gl.
    alexisLmike Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 23, 2009, 09:54 PM
    I still have mine too and the search is ridiculous its like anyone who has one isn't letting the secret out. I need a new one because mine is missing an arm from an incedint with a lawn mower when I was six and when I have kids I want my daughter to have one ( ms ellie) was mines name. Goodluck on your search
    _almond Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 4, 2010, 02:26 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Ages View Post
    Congratulations to your friend. I am 20 years old and my first teddy bear ever was a glow in the dark bear called bluey. His production name is "Twinkley Slipper Bear" and its production date is 1987 from Regina Trading Co. Ltd. I got this from its tag right now, pretty worn out, but still visible. I am looking for one myself right now for my neice, and maybe a replacement for mine :P, ill admit that XD.

It is mostly blue, not sure if they ever came in pink for girls, but mine is various shades of blue stars on a medium-light blue fabric Head is mostly white with black nose, black eyes with blue rims, and blue stitching for a mouth and nose slit (anchor shaped). Feet are blue with white around ancles, 2 bunny ears on each foot with white in the forward-inside of the ears. Blue stars on him do not glow BUT he has some lighter colored stars that are hard to see in the day that glow bright at night and make a awesome stary field appearance all over him, and his whole head glows and parts of his feet and bunny ears. His neck is has a sewn pattern material, with a blue ribbon, probably tied in a bow at one point of time (notted and gnawed on from me, hehe)

I would say that if you could find this model you can throw away your childrens night lights, after about 21+ years of age, my bear is still growing strong (either produced or copyrighted in the year prior to my birth)

The reason I might be looking for a new bear myself is mainly because of a huge tear along his crotch and legs. Perhaps throwing him around the back of my neck and yanking his legs in either directions while growing up wasnt the healthiest habbit for him. I found him in a box a few months ago and started sleeping with him again. Reminds me of my youth, what can i say? (tried using him to find stuff in the dark, didnt help too much, but almost!)

After i finish this im going to run a quick search for the criteria to beat anyone to the punch on finding one XD

Later, and gl.
    OH MY GOD, so I had that same bear but in pink, I cut the tag of when I was little because it bothered me and I have literally hugged the life out of her, her stuffing is coming out, her nose fell off and she's just fallen apart. When I saw your post I almost died because I would do anything to find another one, I loooove that bear to death, anyway if you are successful in your search do you mind passing the info along, I really want another, thanks(:
    mikaneo Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 13, 2010, 02:22 PM
    Go to www.theglowbear.com you can by it at the shopping channel for $19.95 he is so cute and good size
    iliketocolor Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 17, 2011, 04:40 AM
    I have him too!! I have always slept with mine, his name is Glowy and he no longer glows in the dark and you can't really even see the pattern on him anymore because the tears of my terrible childhood have washed it away. Other than that he is holding up strong except for the weak seams in his crotch, but I just keep sewing him up. I will be buried with him someday. I have never looked to replace him, I just searched because I wanted to see if anyone else had this teddy bear and it is the first time ever that other people know about this teddy bear. It's funny because his hat fell off so long ago and I never sewed it back on. It stayed in my toy box for probably 15 years and so it is in perfect condition and it is cool to see how much Glowy has changed with me. The sentimental value of this teddy bear is worth more than anyone could ever afford.
    iliketocolor Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 17, 2011, 04:51 AM
    Oops. I googled the name of the bear you were talking about and mine is different. (much cuter actually, sorry.) But it sounded exactly like mine, but alas, it's not. Awe well. Sorry to have posted nonsense.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Teddy Ruxpin. [ 7 Answers ]

As a kid I used to watch a teddy ruxpin movie all the time but I could swear that it was NOT animated. However, I've been searching online and cannot find anything that indicates that there was indeed a movie of teddy ruxpin that was NOT animated. I remember there being a map that they had to...

Teddy with wings ? 80s [ 1 Answers ]

Doing a quiz about toys from 70s,80s & 90s and am stuck on a small bear that looks a lot like a care bear but smaller and has wings and antennae, also the correct name for cabbage patch dolls:confused:

Using the Teddy Roosevelt solution on the Mahdi Hatter [ 8 Answers ]

The controversy surrounding the President of Iran Ahmamadjihad's request to visit Ground Zero in NYC recalls a time when Teddy Roosevelt was the Police Commissioner of the city . New York Braces for Ahmadinejad - September 18, 2007 - The New York Sun ...

View more questions Search