Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Darth_Tanion Posts: 105, Reputation: 7

Nov 30, 2005, 03:22 PM
    Taskbar Icons
    I have a problem with the taskbar icons on a computer I am working on. They are abnormally small. The rest of the screen looks fine but the icons down in the bottom right hand corner of the screen next to the time and the quick launch toolbar are tiny. The icons are so small that, on the right hand side, the computer actually has room to show an extra row of running applications. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Dec 1, 2005, 06:51 AM
    Small Taskbar Icons
    Hi,
    You might try this:
    Go to Control Panel/ then open Display.
    Click on the Appearance tab. Set the "Scheme" to "Windows Standard".
    Hope this works for you.
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Dec 1, 2005, 07:12 AM
    I think you maybe on to something there Fred.
    I'm assuming that this is XP, have you tried resetting the theme as the small icons may be part of a theme package.

Just open Display properties, themes tab, change the drop down to windows XP and apply.

This should reset everything back to default, then you can use the appearance to change the colour scheme.

Hope this helps
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Dec 1, 2005, 07:32 AM
    You can also try: Control Panel > Display, Settings tab, Advanced button, on the General tab under Display select "Large Size" from the drop down box. You may need your Windows CD and you will have to reboot.
    Darth_Tanion Posts: 105, Reputation: 7

Dec 1, 2005, 04:45 PM
    Yeah thanks guys. Changing the theme fixed it. Still a very weird issue however. I don't know what would have caused it or how I could make it do it again if I so wanted. It may have just been a glitch I suppose but it really seemed like a setting was changed somewhere. Oh well. All fixed now.

Thanks again.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hidden Icons & Taskbar [ 6 Answers ]

My students have hidden the taskar and all windows icons. Even when pressing the windows key I cannot see the taskbar. Please help

Stuck taskbar [ 1 Answers ]

Can anyone give me an idea of where to look to fix a stuck taskbar? I can move it around the screen, but can't slide it over to the right to compile the open windows. It shows the arrow but won't let me move it. Any ideas? And yes, I've made sure it wasn't locked. I've also clicked and unclicked...

WinXP Taskbar [ 2 Answers ]

:-[I removed my Internet Explorer from the task bar next to the Start button. I tried dragging it from the Start but it would not insert. I did add it toe the Links. I tried the microsoft.com FAQs, but did not help. You cannot believe how much time I have spent on this simplistic task. :( ...

WinXP Taskbar [ 4 Answers ]

:-[I removed my Internet Explorer icon from the task bar next to the Start button. I tried dragging it from the Start but it would not insert. I did add it to the Links. I tried the microsoft.com FAQs, but did not help. You cannot believe how much time I have spent on this simplistic task. ...

Shortcut for Taskbar Properties? [ 5 Answers ]

Is there a way to make a shortcut to the Taskbar Properties? I only know that through Start -> Settings I can get to it. Where is this program on my computer? Please respond. Thanks!

View more questions Search