Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    skarsan34 Posts: 20, Reputation: 1

Nov 23, 2007, 02:21 PM
    Social security
    I work and get social security How much money can I earn without losing my social security I always send my copies of my checks to them the amount vaires biweekly and it no more than 200.00
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Nov 23, 2007, 03:02 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by skarsan34
    I work and get social security How much money can I earn without losing my social security I always send my copies of my checks to them the amount vaires biweekly and it no more than 200.00

From the SS website (I don't know how to post the site):

If you are under normal (or full) retirement age (FRA): when you start getting your Social Security payments, $1 in benefits will be deducted for each $2 you earn above the annual limit. For 2008 that limit is $13,560 and for 2007, that limit is $12,960. Remember, the earliest age that you can receive Social Security retirement benefits remains 62 even though the FRA is rising.
    In the year you reach your FRA: $1 in benefits will be deducted for each $3 you earn above a different limit, but only counting earnings before the month you reach FRA. For 2008, this limit is $36,120; for 2007, this limit is $34,440.
    Starting with the month you reach FRA:, you will get your benefits with NO limit on your earnings.

If a child or spouse on your record works while receiving benefits, the same earnings limits apply to him or her as apply to you. If your child or spouse is eligible for benefits this year and is also working, you can use our earnings test calculator to see how those earnings would affect the child's benefit payments. (Your child's or spouse's earnings affect only his or her own benefits. They do not affect your benefits or those of any other beneficiaries on your record.)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Regarding Social Security [ 3 Answers ]

Call me new. Because I'm far from Social Security, however my father isn't. He just received his first check from the Social Security Office. He asked me if he is able to continue to work, or must he be unemployed to receive Social Security. Question: Can you have both a working income and...

Social security disability [ 3 Answers ]

I filed for SSI disability several years ago and received it. At the time I didn't know what was wrong with me. I have found out recently that I have lyme disease and the doctor thinks I have had it since I was in 8th grade. That would be over forty years. At the time I filed for SSID I didn't...

Social Security Garnishment [ 1 Answers ]

Can creditors garnishee a person on low Social Security. In other words can a Social Security Check be garnishee? Also can a bank account with only social security in it be attatched?

View more questions Search