Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Greg K Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 23, 2007, 11:48 AM
    Advantages of converting from propane heat to electric heat for home use
    When is it an advantage to convert from propane heat to electric heat in a residential home?

Also could you give me a rough idea of what it costs to make this transition?

Thank you.

:confused:
    caibuadday Posts: 460, Reputation: 10

Nov 26, 2007, 02:15 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg K
    When is it an advantage to convert from propane heat to electric heat in a residential home?

Also could you give me a rough idea of what it costs to make this transition?

Thank you.

:confused:
    We need more information: like much propane cost and electric cost in you area and what type of heating system do you have( steam, hotwater,force air, force air with hotwater etc... ) FYI you get more quick answer if this was post in heating and cooling section

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Converting from gas to electric heat. [ 1 Answers ]

I have a rental property that has gas heat. I would like to convert it to electric because of the high price of gas in the VA area. On average, how costly and difficult would this be? It is a carrier heat pump.

Coverting Gas Heat to electric heat [ 1 Answers ]

How would you convert gas heat to electric heat. Around what price range would this cost? The heat comes from a big propane tank that is costly to fill.

Amand air and heat conversion from propane to electric [ 1 Answers ]

Question to heat and cooling installed into my recently acquired home built in 1997: I have an Amana Furnace and Air Conditioner in my home, my furnace unit has a sticker that reads " converted to propane " can this unit be altered to be a heat and air unit using no propane?

Electric heat pump auxilery heat problem [ 4 Answers ]

Equipment: Trane XL1400 4 years old Auxilery heat: Strips... 2 -60Amp circuits Filters changed every 30 days I cleaned outdoor unit summer 2006, as every year. Thermostat: Honeywell Chromotherm II Problem: I have been noticing at times the aux heat kicking in at times I think it should not....

Converting From Gas to Electric Heat [ 3 Answers ]

I'm buying a home in southern WV which is gas heated and has electric a/c. The current owners pay $123 and $35 per month respectfully on the budget plan which seems way out of kilter to me. Notwithstanding the individual user differences and that the price of electricity here is way less...

View more questions Search