Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    STRANGER_OF_UR_DREAMZ Posts: 61, Reputation: 2

Nov 30, 2005, 12:09 PM
    Hdd crash
    Hi pals
    One of my hdd has crashed .so is that all the data in the hdd is lost?
    How can we retrive any important info from tat ? Is there any thing we can do? Is the hdd completely gone or can any one repair it?
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Dec 1, 2005, 07:24 AM
    If the problem is caused by a bad file, virus, etc, there is "recovery" software available, but take warning: many of them will not recover data on a drive that has not been previously backed up by the app.

Browse Google for "recovery software" to get a feel of what's out there.

Also, check your Yellow Pages for Computers/Data Recovery for a local place that might offer that service... and call them for pricing info.

Typically they will have high end software - and a "clean room" where they can open it up if it is a hardware issue.
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Dec 1, 2005, 07:57 AM
    Crash
    Hi,
    I agree with rickj about calling a local computer sales/repair store. Talk with them about whether they are equipped to do it, and the cost. If you try using this hard drive at all, it is possible to really cause more damage.
    I do wish you the best of luck.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Dec 1, 2005, 11:05 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by STRANGER_OF_UR_DREAMZ
    hi pals
    one of my hdd has crashed .so is that all the data in the hdd is lost??
    how can we retrive any important info from tat ? is there any thing we can do ?? is the hdd completly gone or can any one repair it??

You need to give us more information about what YOU mean by "crash". What have you tried to access the drive? What happens when you try.

There are many definitions of crash from a total failure to work to a minor , repairable problem.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Crash [ 10 Answers ]

problem of my computer is it just stops in the middle of when I am doing something and the blue screen comes up with the notice and this is not the first time it happens frequently , the message is like this :Help me please A problem as been detected and window has been shut down to prevent...

300gb Sata Hd Crash! Please God Help Me [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 300GB SATA hard drive that I have about 150 GB worth of data on. It is not my primary drive, I am running xp pro on a SATA 75GB raptor. Today while trying to access some files on the 300gb drive a folder suddenly showed empty. It didn't make any sense and quickly thereafter my computer...

View more questions Search