Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    terminator05 Posts: 45, Reputation: 2

Nov 22, 2007, 07:17 PM
    Graffiti penalty
    What is the penalty for graffiti, that is, if you're caught?
    I mean, on non-important things, like the side of a house, garage, things like that. I don't mean something like vehicles, or government property or anything. Just the small stuff.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 22, 2007, 07:35 PM
    well let me see a house, you can be liable to have it all repainted, and a large fine. ** and of course shot by the owner is always possible

But a year in jail is always possible, and the dollar value of the damage can increase it a lot if they really want to get you
    oneguyinohio Posts: 1,302, Reputation: 196
    Ultra Member

Nov 22, 2007, 08:24 PM
    A man's house is his castle... or so they say, and castles are not necessarily small things!

Messing with someone else's property like that is really pretty low and I don't believe anyone would find it funny. A home is something that people work very very hard to obtain, and most home owners take a tremendous amount of pride in something that they may have struggled for years to be able to obtain. Even if it doesn't look as nice as others, I think putting graffiti on something so personal amounts to a cowardly personal attack. If you have already done it and are afraid of the consequences you should at least annonymously send an apology and maybe even a couple hundred dollars for clean up fees. A better thing would be to offer to have it cleaned off and restored to original condition... that would involve an admission of guilt and may come with penalties... I know my ideas would both sting, but remember you are always responsible for your actions. Getting caught could also mean name in the paper(family loves to see that), court, probation, fines, or juvenile detention center... etc... so you might want to think seriously about trying to appease the victim so they won't want to press charges... been there done that at a school, and though I didn't get nabbed, I went for about 5-10 years fearful that I could still get into deep crap for it... that's a long time to worry about something foolish!
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 22, 2007, 08:27 PM
    I will give you a true story, there was this group of young people, who were going to break a window or two out of my house some years ago.
    One of them was 15 I think, well after taking his baseball bat away from him, I held him for the police. He did about a year in Juv detention from what I remember. The other boy who was just there did 3 months.
    Plus their parents had to pay for all the damages to my home.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Nov 22, 2007, 08:40 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by terminator05
    on non-important things, like the side of a house, garage, things like that.
    A side of a house or garage is non-important? Where did you grow up and who taught you your morals?

Dec 2, 2007, 05:28 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by J_9
    A side of a house or garage is non-important? Where did you grow up and who taught you your morals?
    Well, for one, I take rebel to a whole new level. My parents would turn over in their grave if they knew I was doing this, and as for the rest of the family, well, they have their lives, and I have mine. Secondly, if you think I am low, cowardly, assanin, jerk, moron, idiot, heartless nitwit, that's fine, everyone is entitled to their opinion. And also,

Quote Originally Posted by oneguyinohio
    If you have already done it and are afraid of the consequences you should at least annonymously send an appology
    I haven't done it yet. The only reason I was asking is not because I was scared, but because I am not the only one who plans on this. A friend of mine will be with me, and he is afraid of what penalties could include. I didn't know exactly what they would include, because I have never been caught, but I had some kind of an idea, and I just wanted to make sure my thoughts were correct, and not just something I thought of. Allright, I'm outski
    bushg Posts: 3,433, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

Dec 2, 2007, 05:51 PM
    Termy I read on some of your other post that you are 22, and have been in trouble before. Grow up!
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Dec 2, 2007, 05:59 PM
    The penalties for graffiti vary from place to place. Some areas have specific anti-grafitti laws, other places use more general laws abpout defacing or damaging property. If you damage spmenone's personl property they can sue you for the damages you cause.

Its one thing to be a rebel, but it's a whole other thing to have no respect for other people's property. I agree, you need to grow up.
    Ultra Member

Dec 2, 2007, 07:48 PM
    I'll just keep my fingers crossed that you will get rewarded properly for whatever behaviour you choose. Sounds like your friend is a little bit smarter than you are if he is concerned about the penalties. Great idea to include others in your plans... once more than one person knows, it's no longer a secret. Let one of them get into a little trouble and see how long before they share your little secret with the police in order to make their life a little easier...

Ever think that bragging about stuff on line might not be such a good idea?. it would be pretty easy to have someone trace you from the ISP codes that are sent out with every message you send on line... every computer has a different number associated with it...

Dec 2, 2007, 07:50 PM
    I couldn't agree with you guys more. I do need to grow up, but the thing is, life's a , then you die. Why be a saint, and not do things you're not supposed to do? My philosophy, is have fun while you're alive.

Dec 2, 2007, 07:51 PM
    The thing is guy, I don't use my computer at home, DUH!

Dec 2, 2007, 07:55 PM
    Oh and, I'm not really bragging. I was asking a question, and I said I haven't done it YET. I might change my mind, and not do it, and I might go ahead anyway, or, knowing me, I'll forget why I want to do it, then I'll give up and not do it. Read the post.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Dec 2, 2007, 07:58 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by terminator05
    I couldn't agree with you guys more. I do need to grow up, but the thing is, life's a , then you die. Why be a saint, and not do things you're not supposed to do? My philosophy, is have fun while you're alive.
    There is nothing wrong with having fun, but when your idea of fun is to harass, pester or annoy others, then you need to get a attitude adjustment.

No one is suggesting you be a saint. But the golden rule (do unto others as you would have them do unto you) has stood the test of time.
    Ultra Member

Dec 2, 2007, 08:07 PM
    Having fun doesn't have to be at someone else's expense. Since you like to use catchy little phrases, think about this one:

If you're not part of the solution, then you're part of the problem. As you pointed out, "Life is a B..." or at least it can be.
    Life has plenty of problems for people without someone creating more for them.
    Ultra Member

Dec 2, 2007, 08:16 PM
    I shared your idea of painting on someone's house with my 10 year old son just to see what he thought about it being fun...

He said, "That would be stupid. It's not funny to make other people upset. Even if I didn't get caught, I would still feel bad for doing something mean to somebody."

I don't think he was just saying the correct thing that dad wanted to hear, because we don't have that type of relationship, so take it for what it's worth.

Right now, I'm wondering if you would like to take candy from a baby just to watch them get upset?
    bushg Posts: 3,433, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

Dec 2, 2007, 08:16 PM
    Life's a B then you die... well life don't have to be a B. Don't let boredom and wanting to be a bad a$$ land you in jail doing hard time. Or dead.. for what a night of hell raising. When you mess with peoples stuff someone could end up hurt, what if the guy your painting his house comes out and confronts you and wants to fight are you going to punk out and run away or or you going to try to kick his a$$ and you and your buddy manage to and you kill him... then your up $hit creek for the rest of your life. Or he manages to stomp your a$$ and you end up in a wheel chair or worse. Then is that childish $hit worth it.
    Little story
    This ticks me off because last year we had a kid in a neighborhood close by 15 yrs old, tried to steal a mans car around 6 am and go joy riding the old man pointed in the direction of the car and shot... that joy ride turned into death for the kid... and the old man spent months in court and lost his home etc... defending himself. He didn't go to jail but he ended up broke and in his late 50's starting over because of 1 little punk. As I said Grow up
    Expert

Dec 2, 2007, 08:18 PM
    Hmmm, have you ever been diagnosed with a mental illness? Possibly bipolar disorder?

Dec 2, 2007, 08:24 PM
    Ok, thank you Scott Gem, and I am sorry for sounding like an A$$ to others. You see, my brother and I are hardcore gamblers, we make bets on the strangest things. I made a bet that without mentioning the goldenrule at all, I can get someone to quote it. I would have posted right back after you posted that, but I had to log off for a moment. BUt again, sorry for setting you guys up so to speak, but it was really for me to try and win a bet.
    Expert

Dec 2, 2007, 08:32 PM
    You really need to be careful whose house you decide to to graffiti. I tell you if it were my house, you would end up having bullet holes through your body.

It is quite apparent you need some professional help.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Dec 3, 2007, 05:49 AM
    Hello term:

I just made a bet with my dog that you're a pile a crap. I won.

excon

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

401k penalty [ 1 Answers ]

I am 36 years old and have $24,000 in a traditional IRA that I rolled over from a 401k account. I need to pay down some debt and am wondering what kind of costs including penalties I will have if I use all the money to pay debts. The purpose of all this is to get away from several monthly...

Prepayment penalty [ 1 Answers ]

I live in New Jersey. When I applied for a mortgage I was told about early payoff penalties. When I resisted I was told by the mortgage consultant that the state of New Jersey prohibited penalties for early payoff and I didn't need to worry. Upon closing I was asked to sign a form explaining the...

Civil penalty [ 2 Answers ]

I went to jail did time got a fine for shop lifting.Now I get a letter from the companies attorney saying I owe $525.00 if I take care of it in within 10 days they will reduce the amount 33% which is $325.00 for civil penalty.The company got everything that was taken I never left the store.Do they...

Penalty [ 5 Answers ]

I have a question on behalf my friend: He came to US in 2004 with F1 and work in OPT in tax year 2005. He should have filed 1040NR. However, he carelessly filed 1040 for resident alien and already got tax refund from IRS. In this case, should he file amendment? What will happen if he should...

Penalty [ 1 Answers ]

I was penalise for being on strike that was called by my union.according to the tayalor law,it is 2days pay for every day on strike.is there any way I can reduse my taxable income by the amount of penalty. I believe it is a cost of doing business(work).I don't know if my logic will fly.Or Where...

View more questions Search