Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    simon007 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 22, 2007, 06:59 PM
    150% Rent increases in mobile home park
    My mother lives in a mobile home park in Villa Ridge, Missouri and the day before Thanksgiving she got a notice that they are increasing her pad rent 150% beginning in January. That seems like there should be something that prevents them from more than doubling her rent. Is there anything to protect her?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 22, 2007, 07:03 PM
    Yes there seems like there should be but I doubt there is. Normally rent is based on what the market can hold, If for example the current going pad rent is that high, then they can ask for it.

How does this new price compare with other lot rental in that area?

In some places they do have rent controls, but I don't think trailer pads are part of it, and not in your area either. You can and maybe should contact a real estate attorney and see if there is anything you can do.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Mobile Home Park Eviction [ 4 Answers ]

My Husband And I Have Been Renting A Lot In A Mobile Home Parkin Va For 3 Years Now. We Just Received A "so Called" Eviction Notice The Other Day. It Was On Plain Paper Typed On A Computer. It Only Stated That We Had To Leave The Premises Within 30 Days, It Did Not State Why, Nor Was It A Notice...

Tenant Rights Mobile home park [ 1 Answers ]

Several old Cottonwood trees in a mobile home park in Montana blew over, one damaging a deck belonging to a tenant. Fortunately the tenants had just gone inside their trailer. We RENT the lots and OWN our homes. My question - is the landlord responsible to have the fallen trees removed? Perhaps...

Florida law regarding rent increases on mobile home lot [ 1 Answers ]

Is there a law that governs how much rent may be increased on a mobile home on a leased/rented lot in the state of Florida?

Kentucky Mobile Home Park [ 5 Answers ]

I got a notice from the park I live in that I have to show mobile home insurance by law (state (Ky)? County?(Jefferson). Also, I was not asked to sign a lease agreement by the new owners, if this an advantage or disadvantage? I am charged for electric used but have no schedule of usage and charged...

Kentucky Mobile Home Park Law [ 4 Answers ]

What Are The Laws Regarding Eviction Of A Tenant In A Mobile Home Park Where They Own The Trailer. I Have Already Given 30 Written Notice And They Won't Move... And Won't Pay Rent What Do I Do

View more questions Search