Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mommyhaley Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 22, 2007, 06:51 PM
    How do I sign away my parental rights to my baby
    I just had a baby 4 days ago and I let the baby's father and his wife take the baby home from the hospital. I want to know how to go about signing away my parental rights to the baby so the baby is all thiers and I will no longer be responsible for the child in any way.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 22, 2007, 06:55 PM
    Both of you need to get an attorney, his wife will need to want to adopt the baby. The attorney will arrange for her to adopt the baby, you to give over your rights.
    bluestarsbird Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 5, 2012, 06:25 AM
    Me and my paretner are still togther but I won't to make sure that this babe can't get token away from him so I won't to sign all my rights over to him I've heard of a resident order!! But there saying we need to be out of a reliaship... I won't to do this to prove to my boyfriend because I love him I won't to go for it so how and what do I do.
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

Jun 5, 2012, 07:34 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by bluestarsbird View Post
    me and my paretner are still togther but i wont to make sure that this babe can't get token away from him so i wont to sign all my rights over to him ive heard of a resident order !!! but there saying we need to be out of a reliaship ... i wont to do this to prove to my boyfriend becasue i love him i wont to go for it so how and what do i do.
    You have a new question and are not answering the previous question. Therefore you should have started a new thread.

If I correctly understand what you wrote, the situation is as follows:
    Your partner and yourself continue to be in a domestic/romantic relationship. You have recently given birth and want to make sure that the baby will not be taken away from him (your partner). Therefore you want to "sign over", to your partner, all of your parental rights to this baby. You have heard of something called a "resident order". They (child protective service, I assume?) are saying that your domestic relationship must be over (in order for this "resident order" you're wondering about can be made or enforced). You want to "sign over" your "rights" in order to prove to your boyfriend (a/k/a your partner) that you love your partner. You want to "go for it" ("sign over your parental rights"), and therfore you are asking how and what do you do.

Did I get all of this right?

What state or country are you in?

Is the child protective agency threatening to take your baby away? Why?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Question about a father who wants to sign over his parental rights [ 11 Answers ]

I have a question about a fathers parental rights. Can a father request to the state to sign over his parental rights? I have a friend of mine that has a child that he has never seen - and lives in California while he lives here in Minnesota and pays child support. The mother refuses to allow...

Father wants to sign off parental rights and not pay [ 5 Answers ]

Hi, the man that has made me pregnant , told me the other day, that he si going to sign off his rights to the baby as soon as he can. He also claims , if he does that , he doesn't have to pay any child support for his son. He doesn't want anything to do with my sone, our me, which is fine, but is...

How to sign off fathers parental rights [ 1 Answers ]

My boyfriend wants to sign off his parental rights how do he go about doing this?

He wants to sign over my parental rights [ 6 Answers ]

Before my husband and I met he dated this girl who told him she was on birth control and everything else. Well she got pregnant and he left for Iraq, he tried to be a part of the babies life then but she told him it wasn't his and she wanted nothing to do with him. He got out of the military and...

Can I sign off my parental rights [ 27 Answers ]

I have 2 kid that live in Washington state and I live in houston I want to sign off my rights can you do that or not I was told the only way was if my ex wife got married and the man wanted to adoped my 2 kids can anoy help me with this

View more questions Search