Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Chery Posts: 3,666, Reputation: 698
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Nov 22, 2007, 04:54 PM
    3.00+ lens glasses don't let me read these fonts anymore
    https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/feedba...tml#post738049

Thought I'd include this link because it's been getting harder and harder to read. I love the new AMHD site style, but when I use IE, the font is smaller than Arial 8. When I open it up in Firefox, it's larger and I can almost read it.

Is there any way our gurus can fix it so that the font size could be a little larger?? Please??
    If I don't have my nose directly near my monitor, I can't read what I'm writing let alone read long posts. I have to copy the stuff to notpad, enlarge to 10 and then read it before I even attempt to post an answer. That's a lot of work for this old lady.

HELP!.

By the Way, Happy Turkey Day! P.S. I've tried to Enlarge the font in the Interenet browser's view option and it's already 'largest'

http://www.smileycentral.com/sig.jsp...98&pp=ZNfox000
    friend4u178 Posts: 3,349, Reputation: 1584
    Ultra Member

Nov 22, 2007, 05:29 PM
    Chery
    What you can do is go to Internet options , then click on the “general” Tab , click on “accessibility” at the bottom of the page and then click the “ignore font sizes” button. This will overide whatever font size has been set for any particular website.
    Once you have done that go to the “page” button on your IE tool bar and then go to “text size” you can then select what size you want the text to be on websites you are viewing. Ie: small,medium,large etc.

Hope that helps
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Nov 22, 2007, 05:36 PM
    Hottdarn!. thanks so much!

It worked! I'm so glad not to have to squint anymore. This will be more fun now.

Thanks honey.

friend4u178 Posts: 3,349, Reputation: 1584
    Ultra Member

Nov 22, 2007, 05:38 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Chery
    Hottdarn!... thanks so much!

It worked! I'm so glad not to have to squint anymore. This will be more fun now.

Thanks honey.

My absolute pleasure!! :cool:
    ChihuahuaMomma Posts: 7,378, Reputation: 608
    Vision Expert

Nov 24, 2007, 04:07 AM
    I would suggest getting stronger reading glasses if a +3.00 is no longer working for you.
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Nov 24, 2007, 08:07 AM
    The last time I went to the ophthalmologist he wrote out the wrong prescription and I was dizzy for days after paying over 299 Euro for the glasses that I cannot use.

So, since I don't drive a car anymore, and only need glasses for around the house and different ones for reading, I get the cheapos that work just fine.

I don't have a job anymore either due to illness, so I don't worry about the look or style of the glasses, as long as they do the job.

Thanks for your advice, though.

Vision Expert

Nov 24, 2007, 02:34 PM
    Opthamologists are not the best ones to prescribe glasses, optometrists are. As Opthamologists are mainly focused on surgeries and eye diseases. And if it was wrong you should have gone back until they were right, the doctor is obligated to fix his mistakes and fix the glasses as well. This is a mistake that I have seen many many people make. And then they give up hope. If this was not too long ago, I would suggest going back and making it all right. And there are also "individual insurance" for unemployed people or people that cannot get insurance through their employer. There is also state assisted insurances. And even the Lyon's Club could help.
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Nov 24, 2007, 02:52 PM
    Dear, my doctor at that time was both, and because he had to remove an object from my left eye, I stayed his patient instead of consuslting another one. Now there are optometrists which have their own shops and sell glasses on the side, insteaad of just a practice. I know all this, and I see a few of my friends doing very well in their shops and selling super glasses. I even asked about contacts, but they would not work for me.

So, I just leave it as it is cause I don't have much time and/or money left for things like that anyway. Lung cancer does not wear glasses...

Thanks anyway for your attempt at encouragement, but I do have more important things in my life to take care of right now, I have a wonderful 15 month old grandson I want to spend as much time as possible with. All other is inconsequential.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Nov 24, 2007, 02:57 PM
    Cher... your response here was beautiful. Please give that beautiful daughter and the precious peanut a hug and kiss for me.

It hurts me to see you going through this. It was just last year at this time that I was in contact with your daughter. You've come a long way baby since last year. You are so strong and such an amazing inspiration.
    Vision Expert

Nov 24, 2007, 02:58 PM
    Understood.
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Nov 24, 2007, 04:04 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ChihuahuaMomma
    Understood.
    I take it from your login name that you have one of those wonderful little doggies. Did you know that they are the best medicine for asthmatics? There is something in the oil of their skin that aids them somehow and when they sleep with asthmatics, they help them sleep better.

I know you meant well, dear and truly thank you.

Do you have pictures of your puppy? P.S. I had one too for a while, called him PonchoVia.
    Vision Expert

Nov 24, 2007, 04:11 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Chery
    I take it from your login name that you have one of those wonderful little doggies. Did you know that they are the best medicine for asthmatics? There is something in the oil of their skin that aids them somehow and when they sleep with asthmatics, they help them sleep better.

I know you meant well, dear and truly thank you.

Do you have pictures of your puppy? P.S. I had one too for a while, called him PonchoVia.

You're welcome... I did not know that! Thanks for the education! She sleeps with most of the time anyway! She's spoiled rotten! I've included a few pictures of her, because I like to brag about what a joy she is at every chance I get!

This is her a few weeks ago, just being cute:

This is the day she became a part of the family, still has those adorable floppy baby ears:

And this is her and I a few weeks ago. She was tired!

Sorry if the pictures are a bit dark..
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Nov 24, 2007, 04:38 PM
    She's beautiful! And absolutely a mommy's girl.

I love all kinds of animals and have had many, dogs, cats, hamsters, turtles, snakes, fish, guineapigs.. now I just have my cat Larry, who you see in my avatar. He is 15, more like a lapdog than a cat and sleeps with his arms around my neck. For some reason, he is the only cat who my brother is not allergic to... so he is very special.

This world would be terrible without people who love animals... they give unconditional love.

P.S. those pictures were good, not too dark at all.
    Vision Expert

Nov 24, 2007, 04:42 PM
    Thank you. I love her with all my heart... perfect little girl.

Cats are great. I've had all sorts of animals as well. Turtles, fish, cats, bunnies, hamsters, rats, mice, dogs...

Susan is my favorite. I also had a cat named Pabst (I was a stupid teen when I named her), but she also hugged... SO CUTE!

I had a bunny named Mr. Crowley. I named him after an Ozzy song, to later find out that the Ozzy song was about the head of the Satanic church, Mr. Crowley... OOPS! But He was ALL white, with blue eyes, gorgeous bunny. And so sweet.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Converging lens [ 2 Answers ]

A converging lens has a focal length of 20.0 cm. Locate the images for object Distances of (a) 40.0 cm, (b) 20.0 cm, and (c) 10.0 cm. For each case, complete ray Tracing diagrams, state whether the image is real or virtual and upright or inverted, and Find the magnification.

Lens power [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, earlier I had a reading glasses which was +1 that was when I was 42 years. Now after 2 years doctor is suggesting +1.50. Does it mean my vision getting dimmer?

Camera Lens [ 3 Answers ]

Which is sharper, a fixed length focal lens or a zoom lens?

View more questions Search