Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask

View Poll Results: Did you find this thread infomative?

Voters
4. You may not vote on this poll
  • Very informative

3 75.00%
  • I already knew some of the information

0 0%
  • Parts were

1 25.00%
  • Not really

0 0%
  • Not at all

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.
    Myth Posts: 897, Reputation: 147

Nov 30, 2005, 11:05 AM
    Important Info... moms Need To Read...
    I am a member of this site and I find these posts VERY disturbing. I haven't been with this site long but I felt obligated to share this information with every pregnant woman I could. Please read this and protect your newborn!!

http://curezone.com/forums/m.asp?f=60&i=120

http://curezone.com/forums/m.asp?f=60&i=138

This site has given me a lot of useful information, I hope it does the same for you.
    Chery Posts: 3,666, Reputation: 698
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Dec 1, 2005, 02:49 PM
    Thank you Myth
    Most children who are not educated and don't know the depth of responsibility of having children because not educated in the 'facts of life' and consequences don't see all the risks and tragedies until they happen to them. Parents should educate instead of treating their children's natural interests as taboos, no matter what age. And then, unfortunately a lot of clinicians are still treated like 'gods' and act like it too.

Dec 1, 2005, 11:34 PM
    I just hope that I can help people to realise that s.i.d.s. is preventable in some cases... I have another site for those who are interested in preventing it. I have come to find out that in the netherlands*spelling* there are no cases of sids and this is a site that may help start preventing it here.

www.amazingbabystuff.com

I plan on getting this crib matress cover myself. :o :) :D
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Dec 2, 2005, 04:23 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Myth
    I just hope that I can help people to realise that s.i.d.s. is preventable in some cases... I have another site for those who are interested in preventing it. I have come to find out that in the netherlands*spelling* there are no cases of sids and this is a site that may help start preventing it here.

www.amazingbabystuff.com

I plan on getting this crib matress cover myself. :o :) :D
    It took a while finding it, but it would also be great if you can find the article about the SIDS study done in the Netherlands for us. If you do find it, please post it.

http://www.amazingbabystuff.com/prod...56af0e9ed4ee42 Is this the one you mean? Thanks again. Tried to rate you, but already did today, so I hope others appreciate your help and show it.. Good Job. Chery

P.S. We all do this on our free time and really appreciate feedback if our answers/advice helped or not, please click the Rate This Post link located on the blue date line above our names on the right side, next to the number of the post, click on Approve or Disapprove, and give a comment. Thanks!
    dimples Posts: 256, Reputation: 9

Dec 2, 2005, 07:12 AM
    Sudden Infant Death Syndrome or SIDS usually occur in less than a year old babies. Also, it occurs more when the infant is put on a prone position.
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Dec 2, 2005, 02:28 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by dimples
    Sudden Infant Death Syndrome or SIDS usually occur in less than a year old babies. Also, it occurs more when the infant is put on a prone position.
    How true, that's why I celebrated my baby's first birthday more than anyone else. That's when the 'panic period' went away. I'd still be interested in the article about the practical nonexistance in the Netherlands, though. My 'baby' is 29 now, so I don't have to worry about her, but I do hope to become a grandmother some day therefore be as uptodate as possible. I do know that in most german hospitals, newborns have a higher rate of temporary sclerosis (2 out of 5) lasting generally 3 to 5 days, and I still have not found a conceivable reason for this - do you have any idea of why this would occur?

Dec 2, 2005, 09:45 PM
    Ask and you shall recive
    Well chery you got it! I went back and looked for the post of the article on sids and the lack there of in the netherlands. Well somehow I managed to find that needle in the haystack again. Here's the link.

http://curezone.com/forums/m.asp?f=60&i=383

The following link is the one left in the post since you can't follow it from the post. I hope this helps everyone. I hope that I'm reaching more people than are posting on this thread.

http://www.mercola.com/2000/nov/5/victory_over_sids.htm
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Dec 2, 2005, 10:17 PM
    Thanks dear
    Well chery you got it! I went back and looked for the post of the article on sids and the lack there of in the netherlands. Well somehow I managed to find that needle in the haystack again. Here's the link.

http://curezone.com/forums/m.asp?f=60&i=383

The following link is the one left in the post since you can't follow it from the post. I hope this helps everyone. I hope that i'm reaching more people than are posting on this thread.

http://www.mercola.com/2000/nov/5/victory_over_sids.htm
    I printed the document into a PDF doc (a 23 pager) and will send it to all the other young couples I know, so a lot will find out about it. I'm going to try and include it here also, so that they only have to open the attachment PDF and save it to disk, without wasting printer ink. Great Job! Thanks again.
    P.S. It worked, the file was not too big to post here, so now anyone wanting a copy can just double click on the PDF attachment and read it when they want.

The more information on saving your baby, the better!
    Attached Images
  1. File Type: pdf Victory over SIDS.pdf (201.7 KB, 500 views)

Dec 2, 2005, 10:20 PM
    Thanks chery
    I do hope that many people read and pass along all this information, and buy that mattress cover. I know I have several people that I plan on buying it for. Got to love baby showers. By the way. I took another hpt and it is negative again. I'm not wasting anymore money on those things. I'm going to the dr asap. Making an appointment asap... still next week though
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Dec 2, 2005, 10:27 PM
    I do hope that many ppl read and pass along all this infomation, and buy that mattress cover. I know I have several ppl that i plan on buying it for. got to love baby showers. btw. I took another hpt and it is neg again. i'm not wasting anymore money on those things. I'm going to the dr asap. Making an appointment asap.... still next week though
    Sorry dear, so now it's time for you to take a break, enjoy the holiday season, keep busy, and let nature take it's course. Still crossing my fingers...
    ;)
    Skinwhite Posts: 77, Reputation: 6

Dec 8, 2005, 06:09 AM
    About a month ago, they were airing on the news and newsshows that it was discovered the risk of SIDS can be reduced by as much as 50% for those infants sucking on a pacifier. This was quite a big breakthrough.

All these years, we've been hearing about how pacifiers weren't good for nursing, for the teeth development, unhygeneic, etc - but now there's a positive on it!
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Dec 9, 2005, 06:42 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Skinwhite
    About a month ago, they were airing on the news and newsshows that it was discovered the risk of SIDS can be reduced by as much as 50% for those infants sucking on a pacifier. This was quite a big breakthrough.

All these years, we've been hearing about how pacifiers weren't good for nursing, for the teeth development, unhygeneic, etc - but now there's a positive on it!
    The following PDF file is from 8 December, and there are a few more articles about the subject.
    My daughter never used one, and seeing a three year old child walking around with one never appealed to me, but if it helps prevent SIDS, then at least for the first year sounds OK to me. The threat of SIDS usually is only prominent within the first year of an infants life.

Happy Holidays to all.
    Attached Images
  3. File Type: pdf pacifierspreventsid.pdf (82.4 KB, 289 views)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Important info for all guys who come here. [ 11 Answers ]

This is what's it's all about. LEARN this guys. How Attraction Works For WOMEN AN INTERESTING STORY (OR SO)... There are two basic stories for how men and Women "start off" together, and two basic stories For how men and women "end up".

How important is sex? [ 11 Answers ]

I have found a great girl who is honest, trustworthy, caring, and has a great head on her shoulders. She is exactly the type you can settle down with. I love everything about her except the sex. She is very attractive but I am not into her sexually. I am a very sexual person. My last...

My Moms Death [ 7 Answers ]

Im 14 years old and my mom died on July 21, 2005. She and my dad were both alcoholics and she died only a couple months after my sister and I moved into my grandparents and my dad started his recovery. My mom lived in South Carolina and I lived w/ my dad, brother, and sister in California. She had...

Life after my moms death [ 1 Answers ]

I am 34 yrs old and I lost my mom through cancer 7 months ago. My sister and I took care of her on her last 6 months. She wanted to die at home. I have been married for 8 yrs . Will never have children of my own. 13 yrs ago one of my sisters was murdered by her husband.and she left 2 little girls...

View more questions Search