Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    StuMegu Posts: 576, Reputation: 64

Nov 30, 2005, 09:32 AM
    SMTP from anywhere?
    Hi, I currently have a problem with a remote user who wants to send and receive emails directly to his MS Outlook program. He can access the POP account OK to receive emails, but he cannot send via SMTP. This is caused by his moving onto different ISP's (hotels etc.) for his connection and therefore he has to change his SMTP server in Outlook to send emails, and doesn't always know what it is!

Does anyone know how to fix his SMTP service so it will work for all ISP's, I believe there are free SMTP services out there, but don't they often get spam blocked.

Exchange is running at his head office.

TIA for any help with this.
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Nov 30, 2005, 11:21 AM
    Have you thought about setting him up on something like Gmail and just use there SMTP ?

Maybe worth a thought.
    StuMegu Posts: 576, Reputation: 64

Nov 30, 2005, 11:34 AM
    A ha! I didn't think of that, I suppose it must be ISP independent, does it use SPA to authenticate within Outlook?
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Nov 30, 2005, 11:55 AM
    I'm not 100% sure, I use it myself and have had no problems.
    Interfaces into Outlook fine.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to configure free pop3 and smtp in outlook express through yahoo.com [ 4 Answers ]

Hi guys, Please help me out how to configure the outlook express (free pop3 and smtp) through yahoo.com Regards vijay :confused:

Access to SMTP [ 10 Answers ]

Where, in windows, can I locate where the users default SMTP (email) server info is stored? I know that Windows selects a default mail app (e.g. OE), but somewhere - hopefully accessible, is the SMTP and POP server info.. Anyone? Thanks in advance! David

Problems with pop3 and smtp [ 2 Answers ]

Basically, I haven't got a clue about this, all I want to do is send an error report but don't know how to set this stuff up.:confused:

How to setup SMTP with id and pwd login [ 1 Answers ]

How to setup SMTP with id and pwd login... pls help... thks!

View more questions Search