Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sandrakaye Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 22, 2007, 12:11 PM
    Bought a home, previous owners are still getting loans against
    About 7years ago I bought a house from my brother. Him and his in-laws took a condemned house and slapped it together.Here I come.My brother knew my dream of having a place of my own.I didn't know how to buy a house he knew this.In the seven year's I have lived there the roof and floor's are caving in . I don't have a bathroom anymore. I can only use a few outlet's in the house, because of poor and outdated electrical wiring they all are shorting out, and this is a fire hazzard. Since I have taken over 7 year's ago my brother has taken out 3 loan's on my house some how, and I have to pay all of them totaling over 80.000 dollars back ,or I will lose everything I have worked so hard for. I have seen a lawyer about all of this , and she said it was all illegal. She did say I could walk away, but I would lose everything I have worked for , for the last 7 years. I'm not looking for any handouts . I just need someone to help me find some program I can afford to help me. I have done every government grant program you can find and still no help. I have tried loan company's, and no help. Please can you help me. I don't know who else to turn to. THANK YOU SANDY RUSSELL.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 22, 2007, 12:51 PM
    First no, he can not legally take any loan out if you really bought this house. Once you file the deed in your name at the court house ( and you have not really bought it if you did not do that) once that deed is filed no one else can get a loan against it.

I would first sue the seller for any and all money you paid on any loan he took. I would also consider turning him over to the DA for illegal activies on selling you a home ( if he really did)

Did he sell this to you on some "contract for deed " if so, any loans he takes out is not your problem, they are his, you dn't have to pay a penny on them, he does.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Nov 22, 2007, 01:39 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck
    First no, he can not legally take any loan out if you really bought this house. Once you file the deed in your name at the court house ( and you have not really bought it if you did not do that) once that deed is filed no one else can get a loan against it.

I would first sue the seller for any and all money you paid on any loan he took. I owuld also consider turning him over to the DA for illegal activies on selling you a home ( if he really did)

did he sell this to you on some "contract for deed " if so, any loans he takes out is not your problem, they are his, you dn't have to pay a penny on them, he does.

And I would add that if the house is still in his name (no Deed filed) and there is no indoor plumbing (specifically a bathroom) I would run to the local Health Department.

If you are discovered to be living without a working bathroom the house will be temporarily condemned in every jurisdiction I am aware of.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Home owners insurance [ 2 Answers ]

This really happened & I am baffled by the result. A tree in my yard falls & hits one of my cars. The car only has liability insurance coverage on it. The car was a total loss. My first reaction was that the home owners policy will take care of that. Not.. Evidently it only covers acts of...

Abandoned Home Owners [ 2 Answers ]

Is there a 'free' site to locate the owners of properties that have been abandoned?

Bought home seller hid defect [ 1 Answers ]

Hello... I bought a home 2 years ago in Minnesota the owner now lives in Wisconsin... when we moved into the house we started having problem with coming through the ceiling in the kitchen... we had a plumber come to fix something else and he said it must be coming from the shower... but there was...

Nj resident bought ny home [ 2 Answers ]

I live in nj but I but I bought a home in ny state for my sister and her family. She pays me rent. Less then the mortgage. I do not live in the home and did not live in the house for even one day in 2006. I work in nyc and rent in nj. I am not considered a ny resident am I?

View more questions Search