Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Thomas Mills Posts: 31, Reputation: 7

Nov 22, 2007, 10:01 AM
    Small Trailer (New Tail Light Kit) 3 Wires On Drivers Side?
    Hello, I am installing a new light kit for my jet ski trailer. I just need the tail lights it is already wired. I bought the kit, both of the (new) tail lights have 2 wires leading out. On the trailer the pass. Side has 2 wires, the drivers side (plate side) has 3 wires. What is the other wire & what do I do with it?? Thanks Thomas Mills Happy Thanksgiving
    CaptainRich Posts: 4,492, Reputation: 537
    Cars & Trucks Expert

Nov 22, 2007, 07:14 PM
    Brown wire - tail light and license plate light
    Green wire - right turn and stop light
    Yellow wire - left turn and stop light
    White wire - trailer ground. Most leave this off and expect a good ground through the hitch. Bad idea. It's much better to attach the ground.

Test all the lights before you pull into traffic, please!

Remember to unplug the trailer harness from the tow vehicle prior to backing into the water.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Kenmore Side by Side: no ice & red blinking light? [ 4 Answers ]

Help, My Kenmore side by side model # 106.565624 has stopped making ice and a red light next to its on/off switch is blinking. I have replaced the pur water filter and reset the water filtration and flushed the lines. I have also turned off then on the ice maker switch. No change - still...

80s Chev truck, brake light - tail light troubleshoot [ 1 Answers ]

Help me please. Have early 80s chev pu... Front L turn signal light comes on when brake is applied... Seen a few of these on the road... Could this be a chev problem? Or just an electrical problem? Is there an obvious answer? Thanks, David

1999 Audi A4 drivers side window. [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 1999 Audi A4 and sometimes when I roll down the drivers side window it will not roll back up for several minutes, sometimes hours. Is it the motor? I hear it clicking Is it just a bad switch? Thanks Jon

Hot neutral reverse : small camping trailer [ 3 Answers ]

Hi! It's my first time!! Sorry for my bad English, I am from Québec, Canada... I a new owner of a small camping trailer... only 7 years old, very good condition until this MOVE... In my tool box I found a plugin tester, the one with three lights... never use it before, why today, to be...

Kenmore side by side model # 106.565624 has stopped making ice and a red light [ 1 Answers ]

Was this issue ever resolved? I have the same problem. LbashabrannerJul 15, 2006, 09:09 PM Help, My Kenmore side by side model # 106.565624 has stopped making ice and a red light next to its on/off switch is blinking. I have replaced the pur water filter and reset the water filtration and...

View more questions Search