Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    momofthree Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Nov 30, 2005, 08:28 AM
    Becoming an Academic Advisor?
    Does anyone have an leads on positions in Academic Advising??

I have to finish three clases and I will have a degree in Guidance and Counseling. I work in Career Services so I have work experience on giving advice and guidance but I want to concentrated more in Academics. I completed my practicum hours at a local community college and have been working in higher education for 7+ years now.

I live in IL. Southwest suburbs of Chicago.

Any leads would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks
    Stacie
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Nov 30, 2005, 08:59 AM
    Leads
    Hi,
    I have no specific leads, but if you haven't already check into the following, it might help get you started.
    1. Call your Local Public School Board, find any info you can on possible jobs.
    2. Contact the University of Chicago, and talk with them about a possible position as an Academic Advisor.
    3. Also check with the Illinois Employment Commission, if there is such a thing, and look for any job openings in that field. (might be called something else), in VA, it's the VA Employment Commission, and Job Placement Services.
    I do wish you the best.
    AdmitRx Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Feb 10, 2006, 05:14 PM
    Most academic advisors are hired by specific institutions. The Chronicle of Higher Education has a listing of academic advising job openings that can be sorted by location. I would highly recommend that you go there and take a look.

http://chronicle.com/jobs/300/500/10...tion_index.htm

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Content Advisor [ 5 Answers ]

"Hi, My PC Win XP at work has been converted into a paper weight by our IT guy. He has restricted nearly the entire web from being displayed. Is there any back door you know of for me to make the change in content advisor without knowing his admin log-on and password?";

Content Advisor [ 3 Answers ]

"Hi, My PC Win XP at work has been converted into a paper weight by our IT guy. He has restricted nearly the entire web from being displayed. Is there any back door you know of for me to make the change in content advisor without knowing his admin log-on and password?";

Content advisor [ 7 Answers ]

View more questions Search