Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Up a Creek Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Nov 22, 2007, 08:21 AM
    Trane XV 90 won't heat
    Trane XV 90 won't heat. Fan runs, but just recirculates the (cold) air. I checked the covers on the unit -- they are in contact with the pressure switch. Brrr. Thermostat set to 68; inside temp is 59.
    T-Top Posts: 1,871, Reputation: 100
    Ultra Member

Nov 22, 2007, 09:20 PM
    It should have a blinking light on the control board to tell you what's wrong(lower blower door). You can turn the power off and back on to the furnace to reset the control board to let it try and work again. If something major is wrong it will not light.

Nov 26, 2007, 06:37 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Up a Creek
    Trane XV 90 won't heat. Fan runs, but just recirculates the (cold) air. I checked the covers on the unit -- they are in contact with the pressure switch. Brrr. Thermostat set to 68; inside temp is 59.
    Red LED flashes 4 times -- "Hi Limit Switch". I have shut off all electricity to the appliance after setting thermostat down to lowest setting (40). Waited 5 minutes - restarted --- same result.

Nov 26, 2007, 06:39 AM
    Comment on T-Top's post
    Reaffirmed what I had found -- but I was not sure if I was missing something

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Musty smell from new trane ac/heat pump not constant [ 8 Answers ]

Hi, We had a new trane 5 ton two compressor ac/heat pump installed last Sept. 26. About two weeks ago we noticed a really strong, musty smell coming from the vents. It was a hot day, over 90, and my husband had had the unit in the fan on all the time setting. The smell is only there when the...

Replaced Transformer on Trane heat pump still no power [ 5 Answers ]

Today I woke to no power to thermostst. Through this site I found out about the transformer. Check power to transformer good 120volts each wire. But no voltage out. Replaced transformer. Wired red to red and white to white incoming power. And blut to black blue and red to black red out coming....

Trane furnace - no heat, constantly running [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Trane XE 80. The furnace constantly runs without the burners on. However, I don't believe it is the fan that is running. I turn the fan off at the thermostat, however, it continues to run. The only way to shut it off is throw the breaker. Once I throw the breaker and leave it off for a...

Trane central heat and air unit [ 2 Answers ]

Our air conditioner just suddenly stopped. The condenser will not kick on and we wold appreciate any suggestions to what the probem could be. It would be a great help if it were something my husband could possiblyfis.

Trane heat&air thermostat replacement [ 1 Answers ]

I am replacing the thermostat to a trane heat&air home unit and I need to know what the different colrs of wiring relate to on a replacement thermostat brand name hunter bought from Lowe's home improvement store. Thank you for assistance.

View more questions Search