Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    PAZZAZ Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 21, 2007, 06:42 PM
    How do I wire in a digital thermostat
    My thermostat wiring is y g r o w2 e c .the new wiring is c g y o/b rc r aux e l . Can someone tell me how to wire it. I'm trying to wire in a honeywell digital thermostat. Model rth7400 my current therm is a nordyne 914832. Please help
    T-Top Posts: 1,871, Reputation: 100
    Ultra Member

Nov 21, 2007, 07:46 PM
    Y to Y, C to C, R to R or RC keep the jumper in place, G to G, O to O/B make sure T-stat will energise reversing valve in cooling mode, W to AUX, E to E. You will not use the L circuit. Good luck

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Upgrade our 2 wire thermostat to digital? [ 36 Answers ]

We have a thermostat that only has 2 wires, red and white coming out of the wall, and we want to change it to a digital thermostat with slots of W2, G, E, Y, C, B O, R or we also have a unit that has slots W1, G, Y, C, B, O, R So my question is this: Are we able to use either of the 2 new...

Replacing Analog Thermostat with Non-Programmable Digital Thermostat [ 1 Answers ]

Replacing Analog thermostat with White, Yellow, Red, & Black wiring with non-programmable digital thermostat Model #RTH3100C. Please help!!

Replacing old 5-wire 120v thermostat to Digital [ 1 Answers ]

Wow- what an awesome resource this site is... I am glad I found it. Ok... I have an old HoneyWell 5 wire, line voltage, 120v thermostat (T651E 1000 8049), which runs the HVAC air/heat system in my condo. It is broken, and I would like to replace it with a digital thermostat, but I can't...

Replace T87F thermostat with digital thermostat [ 1 Answers ]

My T87F has two wires Red and White. No code indicating how to connect to the new digital on.

Wiring a 2 wire thermostat to a 4 wire system [ 1 Answers ]

I have a gas furnace equipped with central air.The compressor is shot in the AC unit,and I needed to replace the thermostat so I bought a heating only thermostat.I have the blower and the w wires together on the w terminal designation and the rh on the r terminal designation, and I have the y wire...

View more questions Search