Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    LWARREN Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 21, 2007, 01:50 PM
    Typing symbols
    I cannot find anywhere on the web how to type the symbol for trademark (R with a circle around it). Can you help me. Thank you.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 21, 2007, 01:56 PM
    The basic symbols below will work with most text fonts. Also, in MS Word, under Insert>Symbols>Symbol, there is a TM insert that you can assign a shortcut key to.

Copyright (©) is Alt, 0, 1, 6, 9

Trademark (™) is Alt, 0, 1, 5, 3

Registered (®) is Alt, 0, 1, 7, 4

Bullet (•) is Alt, 0, 1, 4, 9

Ellipsis (... ) is Alt, 0, 1, 3, 3

"N" Dash (–) is Alt, 0, 1, 5, 0

"M" Dash (—) is Alt, 0, 1, 5, 1

Pound (£) is Alt 0, 1, 6, 3

Cents (¢) is Alt, 0, 1, 6, 2

One-half (½) is Alt, 0, 1, 8, 9

French accent (à) is Alt, 0, 2, 2, 4

French accent (ç) is Alt, 0, 2, 3, 1

French accent (è) is Alt, 0, 2, 3, 2

French accent (é) is Alt, 0, 2, 3, 3

French accent (ê) is Alt, 0, 2, 3, 4

German accent (ü) is Alt, 0, 2, 5, 2

Spanish accent (ñ) is Alt, 0, 2, 4, 1
    asterisk_man Posts: 476, Reputation: 32

Nov 23, 2007, 01:41 PM
    To use the alt codes above you need to do it in the following order:
    Press alt
    Press and release each number in order on the NUMERIC KEYPAD. The normal numbers above the letters will not work.
    Release alt

Also, if you intend to place these symbols in a webpage this is the wrong way to do it. It should be done using &code; as shown here Special HTML (ASCII ISO 8859-1) Characters

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Arabic symbols [ 2 Answers ]

Hey I'm trying to find a site with arabic symbols to get a tattoo can anyone help me

Keyboard Some keys typing wrong symbols [ 10 Answers ]

Hi, The @ is where the " is and vise versa. The # is at the backstroke key and I haven't been able to find where the backstroke key is. The # key is now a £ sign. The ~ key is at the shift key above the backstroke and the ~ is ¬ key. Anyone any idea how I can change back to a normal keyboad...

Love symbols? [ 9 Answers ]

So I have a tattoo of sy ex boyfriend's name encircled in a heart on my hip. Yes, I know, it was a stupid idea. So I'm in another relationship now and I want to get a tattoo symbolizing our love but not his name, any idea's of symbols meaning love other than hearts?? Thanks

Typing Symbols [ 1 Answers ]

I see a number of symbols when people email me. Can I get some definitions for what the following symbols mean: 1. :) 2. ;) 3. :( 4. (:

Afraid of tools/symbols of other religions? [ 22 Answers ]

I'm currently in a World Religions class at my university. On the first day, the instructor brought in an African fertility doll and passed it around the room. Before passing it, he said that it was believed by the African people who created it that by touching it and/or possessing it, a woman...

View more questions Search